DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this as part of a package buy a while ago and I have no idea what it is.
It has no "brand name" anywhere. It is a friction model as there is some kind of 'motor' on the front axle. It appears to be about 1/18.5 scale as compare to the Ertl '53 behind it.

It appear to be missing some emblems on the side and it looks like it was played with.

:help: :help: :help:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It would appear that it is not that old due to the "look" of the philips screws on the bottom. Shouldn't older vintage stuff have folded-over metal tabs?

So to eBay or trash can? :giggle

Attachments

G

·
Al,

I urge you not to put it on Ebay before finding out more about the history of this piece. It could be nothing or it could be a rarity (tin often fetch WAY more than diecasts in general). And definitely DO NOT throw this beauty in the trash! :giggle

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Al, I found a couple on Ebay by typing "Corvette friction toy" in. Link here: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Toy-Friction-power...1QQcmdZViewItem

I found at least two, didn't go through them all. There is a red one and a blue one exactly like yours. Looks like they are made or at least marketed by a company called "New Toy."

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.