DiecastXchange Forum banner
1,121 - 1,140 of 1,152 Posts
I'll really thank my lucky stars if I ever get these.

Minichamps green Bentley Continental R
Tecnomodel Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada
Minichamps blue Delahaye 135 M Figoni & Falaschi
Looksmart blue Dallara Stradale
CMC blue Ferrari 250 California
BBR opening diecast Ferrari Enzo
Cult Jaguar XK120 OTS
Paragon Jaguar XJ6 Series I
Frontiart Koenigsegg CC8S
Top Marques black Lotus Elise GT1
Minichamps Mercedes SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
Minichamps gold Mercedes SLS Black Series
Spark silver Ruf CTR 3
DNA Saab Aero X
Frontiart SSC Tuatara
Frontiart Zenvo ST1

And to a lesser extent, a lot of Autoarts like just about any Countach, some of the classic Mercedes, and the Koenigsegg CCX. Selling the CCX and the Mercedes 190 E Evo II that I had are by far my biggest regrets in now 16 years of collecting. And definitely the McLaren F1 and F1 LM, although hopefully LCD really will make the F1 and then maybe follow up with the GT and LM.

My primary goal is to acquire the AutoArt McLaren F1, in any color. Heck, at this point - and if the price is right - I'd have it chrome plated with pink polka dots, and lemon green flames on the sides.

My other grails I'd love to finally get are a black BBR Enzo, and a Kyosho BMW E89 Z4 (the one with the working top), in either white or yellow.

I had an opportunity to get a BBR Enzo and that rear tyre ruined it for me forever once I noticed it. I'd love to have a good opening Enzo, but I'm not unhappy with that outcome ;) I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that these things happen and how much a wrong wheel size ruins the stance and presence of a model.

That green Ford Falcon would have been a strong contender to win Bathurst that year.
If memory serves CAMS had added new changes to the rules for that year and the Falcon gained quite a bit in performance.
DJ never won Bathurst with a green car....

I had an opportunity to get a BBR Enzo and that rear tyre ruined it for me forever once I noticed it. I'd love to have a good opening Enzo, but I'm not unhappy with that outcome ;) I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that these things happen and how much a wrong wheel size ruins the stance and presence of a model.
I'm with you, sometimes one detail on an otherwise well-executed model can ruin it. I love Exoto's Ferrari 312B series but the tires are way oversized, looking like balloons and I've never been able to get past that to buy one.

With the holiest of holy grails, the viola Aa Diablo SE30 and a yellow HWE F355 ticked off last year, all I want for Christmas is the CMC 312P Berlinetta. The Ferrari though costs as much as 2 years of the children's school fees so there is no way I can afford one unless there is a poor widow who sells it not knowing its current silly prices.

Any of the Biante 'True Blue' Ford Falcons driven by Dick Johnson in the early 80's.
Most desirable would be the 1981 Bathurst winner.
Yes they're still nice models, some have deteriorating paint though as they're pretty old now so buyer beware on the secondhand market - the prices are sky high. I have a feeling these will be remade by Classic Carlectables in the future.

Wow, that is quite a machine
That's the "Schmidt Hydra Coupe", personal vehicle of Hydra head Johann "Red Skull" Schmidt from the movie "Captain America: the First Avenger" designed by former VW Group concept car designer Daniel Simon. Among his other work: from the same movie, the Hydra one-man submarine and Flying Wing Bombers; the legacy light cycle and Quorra's "Light Runner" car from "Tron Legacy"; the Dark Star from "Top Gun: Maverick"; and Tom Cruise's Bubbleship from "Oblivion".

About this car from AutoBlog:

Underneath bodywork cued off of the Mercedes-Benz 540K, Mercedes G4 four-wheel drive and vintage Duesenberg and Bentley design language is a V8 dragster engine from Ford, all settled on a truck chassis and truck wheels.

With the holiest of holy grails, the viola Aa Diablo SE30 and a yellow HWE F355 ticked off last year, all I want for Christmas is the CMC 312P Berlinetta. The Ferrari though costs as much as 2 years of the children's school fees so there is no way I can afford one unless there is a poor widow who sells it not knowing its current silly prices.
Whoa, now this is a proper one! I had no idea CMC's even made them O_O Glad that it's pretty... err... functional design-wise, because the detail underneath that body (exhaust manifolds!) makes me wanna do do unholy things to it 😁

I just happened to be in the grandstands of the brand new Texas International Speedway in College Station, Texas; unofficial practice, Friday November 7, 1969.

Tom Dutton, a journeyman Can Am driver was substituting for an “ill” John Surtees. Rumor had it that Surtees had grown weary of the lack of development progress of the 2H.

Dutton was hired at the last minute so that Jim Hall would have an entry at the first Can Am race held in his home state.

Sometime during one of the morning sessions, Dutton lost control of the Chaparral coming out of the backfield portion of the road course and pancaked the car into boiler plate protecting the cars from the outside wall of the back stretch of the Nascar oval.

Word has it that the fiberglass monocoque looked like the shell of a hard boiled egg once it is tapped on a counter top.

Having grown up in Texas and ultimately being a racer myself, along with the fact I was there, this is my grail.

1,121 - 1,140 of 1,152 Posts