DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally like 1:6. If I have to Ill buy 1:18 but only since most of my collection of cars is in 1:18.

I mean 1:6 is just so fun, why want anything less!

thats just me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For me, it's 1:18. They compliment the 1:18 cars very well. If I had a separate area to display some bikes, I might stray into some larger scales.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a few cheap Maisto's in 1:18 but I think I'll be getting some bikes in 1:12 scale from now on. When the OCC theme bikes come out from Ertl, I'll get them all in 1:10 scale... easier to see the detail... :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My vote goes to the 1/12 scale. It seems to be the scale that caters to a wide audience: size (easy to store), variety (plenty of makes & models to choose from), quality (Tamiya & Minichamps comes to mind), and affordability (New Ray - if you don't want to spend $$).

·
Registered
239 Posts
I mostly collected 1:18 Maisto's just cause they were so cheap. I really wasn't that serious back then. Every once in awhile I'd pick up a 1:10 or 1:12. Now that I'm getting more serious about it I really like the 1:12 scale, but I must admit I have almost every scale there is for diecast motorcycles.

I'm still looking for the MicroMachines motorcycles but I'm not sure if they are diecast or not. Right now the smallest scale I have is Hot Wheels (is that 1:64?).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it wasnt for you all I would only think of just getting 1:6, but now Im re-thinking just getting 1:6, now I will only collect 1:6 and 1:12 and anything in between. Thanks everyone! Now Im screwed bc there are so many bikes in 1:12 :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts