DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some seem to have a broad collection, no matter what the theme, they have it all. :cheers

I'm wondering if there are anyone else like me who just won't collect certain themes for whatever the reasoning.

Heres a few themes that I just refuse to collect for fear of sliding all the way down that slippery slope :lol

NASCAR
F1
Mclaren F1's

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I do occasionally make exceptions to every rule (except the "rule" that all my models have to be 1:18th!) but in general I don't collect:

NASCAR (I know so little about them, and the look of the cars doesn't interest me)

Indy Cars (although this is changing now that I got my 1965 Lotus Indy winner and if the Donohue '72 winner comes out I'll definitely be getting one!!!)

Models of ordinary non-classic streets cars (things like the models of the new VW Polo, Passat and so on, I see enough of the 1:1s as it is thank you!!!)

Sprint cars (again, I know very little about them)

And that's all I can think of right now!!!

Oh yes, I very rarely get motorbikes, I'm just not a huge fan of them!

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
NASCAR, CART/IRL, Dragsters

The collection inherently limits itself just because it focuses mainly on Mercedes-Benz and Ferrari ... although a MB or Ferrari Dragster might put me in quite a quandary...

:lol :tempted :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not collected the follow although Never say NEVER!

Cart/Irl
Nascar
Street cars with the expection of Exotics
"cheaper by the dozen" brands with very few execptions

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im a great fan of racing but so far as collecting I mainly into exotics.

I dont collect

Nascar especially I will never even consider it. They all look the same.
F1 but Ill get a few seriously.

70's muscle Im probly the only one here that does that but o well.

Gt cars but mainly bc of lack of money and taste.

Anything not modern and exotic or highly dersirable to drive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I only collect street cars and some tuners for now. It's not that I don't like the others, it's just that it hasn't gotten to me yet. I'm not really feeling it yet. When it does...

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm not too hot on the following:

NASCAR
Sprint Cars
CART/IRL
Common street cars (e.g. Shanghai Audi A6)

I don't collect those I listed above simply because I don't take much interest in the real cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My collection is quite varied (the only definite theme I have is cars raced by estonians), but I don't have any:

Cart/IRL
Nascar
anything military or with wings

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I guess I will buy anything that catches my eye but I guess no Nascar has done that yet.
I don't really see myself buying any modern dragsters.
I am in the no Mac F1 category as I don't like them enough to pay the entry price.
Have one IRL/CART car so thats not a big one either.
One modern F1 car so I guess I won't be in that party either.
3 or 4 Muscle cars so not there as well
Also don't see myself getting the endless variations of all the street Porsches, BMW and Mercedes.
I have only a few late model street cars and don't see myself buying to many more except for the few that I like in 1:1.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Let us see:
No NASCAR :blastaway
No NHRA :blastaway
No Tuners :blastaway
No F1 (But I might) :confused
No Pre 1950 (But I might) :confused
No Open Wheel cars (But I might) :confused
No Muscle Machines :blastaway
No Franklen Mint :blastaway
No 1/6 :blastaway
No 1/8 :blastaway
No 1/10 :blastaway
No 1/12 :blastaway
No 1/24 :blastaway
No 1/32 :blastaway
No 1/64 :blastaway
No HO :blastaway

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fastandryan said:
I ONLY collect Ferraris, nothin else
Same with me. If I started buying anything else (I've already been suckered into my 1 McLaren F1) I'd be bankrupt way too quickly. I still have a lot of Ferraris to go, so I'm not too worried about being tempted into something else at the moment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I only collect production road cars . I try to get the 'ultimate' version of each model I have. I'd love to collect race cars, etc.. but my collection would certainly get out of hand and too expensive. My diecast collection is meant to be my ultimate garage. I try to collect those cars which have contributed something to the automotive industry as well.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Just one thing, and I think this go for most of the folks here: not collect means not regularly buying, and not never have one. For the right price or as a gift...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts