DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction. I'm starting to try and buy all of the major componants for my next project, but I'm having a hard time finding a 1/18 turbo. I really just need the actual turbo itself, I'm going to fab up all of the exhaust pipes and headers, but if it's part of a system I can work with it. I just really need a detailed one.

I'm almost to the point of using a 1/25 scale turbo, if it looks alright.

Basically what I'm asking, is if no one knows where I can find a parts car or turbo detail, can someone recommend a 1/18 diecast with a good detailed turbo system.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
The GMP GNs and GNXs have a good one, but it would be expensive. There is also the DUBs version of the Grand National that should have one. Another solution could the Ertl F&F and 2F&2F cars as I am sure some have them.

You could also see if Wayne (Pub Member) has some resin one on his site:
http://nasttees.com/store/

·
Registered
923 Posts
Since you said you're willing to work with an turbo that's part of a system, you can always try Bburago's Ferrari F40 which you should be able to get off eBay dirt cheap. Even if you go wrong once, you've got a second chance as the model has two turbos.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm gonna check them out.

Also the site acisne suggested looks like it could come in handy for some future projects. Are there any other sites you guys know of for resin 1/18 parts. I found tons of sites for 1/24/25 but 1/18 scaled resin sites have been pretty elusive to me...

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.