DiecastXchange Forum banner

What's on your bench? What did you mod today?

155K views 1K replies 177 participants last post by  P A D 
#1 ·
Post of what you are working on. Works in progress only. I seem to alway have a least two projects going on at the same time.

Here are mine:
This dark red Maisto Cobra is taking a stripping bath and going to get a coat of Competition Orange as Maisto won't do one.

This was a Revell '65 Springtime Yellow Mustang Coupe. If you recall, I had a blue 'vert that "crumbled" on me, so I am combining the two to have a yellow vert. The interior had been carpeted already.

See less See more
G
#5 ·
I have a few that need sorting but they are mainly decal jobs.

Autoart Porsche GT3 RS Presentation car
Biante Sierra RS500 - Benson & Hedges
Minichamps Porsche 956L 82 winner - Rothmans
Minichamps Porsche 956L 83 winner - Rothmans
UT Porsche 993 GT1
UT Porsche GT2R - Liquid Moly lemans car

Ive also just stripped a UT Porsche supercup car with the intentions of converting it into a 993 RS 3.8 Clubsport . A full repaint on this one.

#8 ·
Got four or so, in the pipeline. My organizational skills are "advanced clutter".

I'm working on, clockwise from upper left; putting a Shelby Collectibles GT-350 chassis underneath a Road Signature 1965 Falcon (partially obscured by ZipLoc full of spare parts); converting a Baldwin Motion Big Block 1970 Nova to a Small Block road racer, complete with rollcage; a Kyosho Lancia Stratos repaint; and a PYE Big Block Camaro into an IMSA GTX road racer.

And here's what the rest of the shop looks like, donors are all on the shelves above, plus some "resting" customs on the lower shelves.

:cheers

#11 ·
I'll get some picts but I have about 20 mods on my benches at the moment!!
I am working on two 1:18th transport trailers, a Bburago 300 Sl, Beetle, Ferrari GTO racer.... and a cupboard full of "in progress" mods!!!

#12 ·
Jim, nice work area you got there! :cheers I spot a fan, heater, boombox...you just need a little TV and a small fridge and you would be all set! :giggle

#13 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Plus two Scuba masks (next to the space heater) that my wife has been after me to store with our other gear ever since we got back from our last dive trip (last month). :giggle

Oh, and my wonderful wife made the same TV suggestion last week. :pianodance

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
busy looking table there peter !!! is that my trailer in the first pic by any chance??

on my table

xj-s yat ming as a racer jaguar deutchland #1
xj220 lm #57
w123 merc 240 d going to be a v8 petrol amg style go faster merc
moggie minor traveller v8
holden hsv 4dr turned into a sort of lotus omega mk2

solido c4 rally concept deliveried and making an interior

G
#19 ·
On my bench atm are

1. VX Commodore Victorian Smart car into a VX SS in Shanghai Red metallic, VY SS chassis and interior

2. Chev Nova. custom steering and diff, Chev LS1 motor out of VY SS wreck.

3. Studebaker Starliner convertible... nearly finished

#22 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Now THIS looks like Springtime yellow! I remember when I got the '65 Mustang from Ertl Authentics, the color looked considerably too pale to be Springtime; in fact, it looked a lot more like Phoenecian yellow. This is what I remember my Mustang looking like.

#24 ·
in the middle of evolution 4 of my aston martin v8 vantage racer
started life as a hot wheels road car

see attached link

http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/index...showtopic=29222

now altering ride height

new rear spoiler

repaint body and wheel centre and interior

relivery (still probably gulf but not the same style)

general tidy up try to make it look less like its ramed a ferrari f430 or porcshe 911 in anger :giggle

G
#26 ·
Not much - I have an unknown brand of original Mini Cooper; awaiting finish-ation as I need to find a folded-down convertible roof for my finished roadster version out of the spares box.

Thorst - the Sagaris looks really good with black wheels; did you take them off or take the car apart to do it or just spray them there and then?

#27 ·
I am tired to seeing awesome mods displayed here on DX, and whining to myself I wish I had the time to work on projects! Well, the whining ends now! I am going to make time, and get back into working on mods!

There are tons of projects I already have cooking in my head, but I would like to finish the one I started before that never came to a satisfying resolution. The project in question is my original/Koenig Specials *style* BMW 8 Series.

Thorst, among others, gave me many great suggestions last time I posted this project, so I would like to make many of those come to fruition.

However, as you can see in the bottom left corner, I am off to a rocky start. My attempt to strip the paint I applied few years ago resulted in melting the interior parts. Now I am left with blobs that I have to 1) replace, or 2) scratch build.

I'm giving myself a deadline this time, so the project does not become a never ending project. The deadline is end of this month. There, I said it. It's public!

I better get to work...

:giggle