DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Gets You Going the MOST, Detail-Wise?
Head & Taillights68.57%
Wheels & Tires1217.14%
Brake Discs and Calipers1318.57%
Tailpipes00.00%
Underbody00.00%
Interior1927.14%
Engine / Engine compartment2028.57%

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just curious - I know we all want every part of our cars to be finely detailed, but what area of detail do you appreciate the MOST? :feedback

Personally, I zone in on brake discs and calipers and the interior. :mine

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
anything which surprises me.....
ESP. stuff like those little openings on the AUTOart Toyota 2000GT & XJ13.... those really make the car special. How about the cool Kyosho 2002 BMWs with their removable spare wheels? Small little stuff which are not found on every other car i wld say make the model.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Getter 3 said:
Engine compartment. :cheers
For me too on the lower cars. Opening glove boxes, ash trays and gas lids on higher end

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, LUW! :cheers Looks like interior is preferred by a good amount of us.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Good Poll :cheers
Its a toss up between interiors and tyres and brakes. AUTOart does offer those super metal brake calipers but they skimp on details like tire markings which give tyres that extra oomph factor.

G

·
No one thing really sticks out for me. It has to be the overall package as well as my desirability for the model. A good interiro will bring some brownie points though :cheers

G

·
That's a toughie. I'd say interior is important, as all of my models are displayed with everything closed. But I'm a sucker for engine detail.

I guess one way to look at it is that, the 2 things that I would modify the most on any model I buy, the first would be the engine compartment, the second would be the interior. Luckily the Kyoshos don't need that kind of attention.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts