DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
In demonstrating that there are still good people in the world, Josh (Chupula) gifted me his Dealer Edition Merc R500 (a car that looks like a porpoise, although I like it) by Minichamps. This is one of those budget Mercedes dealer editions, but a decent effort overall. Nothing amazing, although the paint is quite brilliant.

:zoom

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Josh is a class act! Well done!

Luc - you know what a dolphin is?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Great photos, the car looks interesting. Congratulations. :cheers
I'm at a total loss about what a porpoise is, is that the sea mammal thing that looks like a dougon but with tusks? hangon.. thats a walrus... i have no idea :confused

·
Loves Cars
374 Posts
Great pics, Mike!

Funny how everytime something like this happens, the other person ends up posting first and I end up with all the credit.

Needless to say, it was only a few weeks ago, that Mike kindly "donated" at least 6 or 7 very large, full color, HARDCOVER coffee table books with every type of Exotic car imaginable. He said he was sending two models and I about threw my back out when I grabbed what I thought would be a light package, only to discover it was about 25 LBS+ worth of stuff in it!

Talk about a class-act! He was even kind enough to only send the ones with all pictures since I live in West Virgina! :happy

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thats not a porpoise :lol

Porpoises and dolphins are classified into two different families. The porpoises are in the family Phocoenidae and the dolphins are in the family Delphinidae. When separated at the family level, dolphins and porpoises are as physically different as cats and dogs.

In comparison to dolphins, porpoises are very small. Porpoises seldom exceed 7 feet in length, whereas many dolphins can exceed 10 feet in length. Porpoises are also more robust than dolphins. Dolphins have a lean sleek body, whereas porpoises often appear chubby. The dorsal fin (the fin on the back of the animal) in porpoises is also triangular, looking more like a shark. The dorsal fin of the dolphin is shaped in a wave. Porpoises lack a rostrum or a beak. This rostrum is very prominent in dolphins. The teeth of the porpoise are spade-shaped, whereas the teeth of the dolphin are conical or cone-shaped.

Porpoises dont live as long as dolphins either , usually only till their mid teens whereas dolphins can live past 50 years.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
...and don't forget, the Dolphin that they serve at restaurants is not the same. :giggle

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. I learned that a dolphin doesn't wear a tuxedo, a 190E is NOT a sports car and maybe even that big cow-like hairy beast so popular in the USA is not a buffalo.

I'm going to cry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.