DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I'm not really into the whole Dub thing but I really like this car and got a good deal on it!

Here's what I started with:

First thing I did was unscrew the three screws that held the floorpan to the body. Then the wheels simply pulled off.

Then I removed the interior and used a screwdriver to push on the pins that hold the brake calipers.

It took a lot of effort and a couple pairs of pliars to get these blue rubber boots off. I then removed the axel from the chassis.

Next I took a hobby knife to make the axel guide holes a little bigger. I used some plastic scrap plastic from Evergreen to make the new axel. This diameter axel is the perfect size as the holes in the back on the donor car's rims.

I superglued to donor car's wheel to one end of the new axel and slid it through the enlarged holes. I made the axel a little long so I could cut it down until the axel length was just right.

After a little trial and error, I got the axel length just right. Then I superglued to other tire to the axel. I followed the same steps for the front and this is what I ended up with before the body went back on.

And now with the body on!!! Much better looking than with the bling-bling tires I think!!!

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
A model saved from a fate worse than death!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial Sean! The Charger looks 100% better :cheers And now you have a spare set of whels that might look good (and more to scale) on an 1/18 model :giggle

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I think the dub wheels will end up being diorama fodder more than anything. They would look good on the back of a large scale OCC bike!

Give me a classic ground pounder with a set of Kragars and fat Micky T's any day!!!

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Funnny you should mention that!!! I picked up two more Maisto Pro Rods to De-Bling!!!

I'm hooked!!!! :help
Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.