DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This message is for the claimed Maisto Rep that is involved with this forum.

We now have AUTOart's rep, how about Maisto stepping up to the plate and answering some questions for we all know there is large fan base for Maisto products. If AUTOart can do it, I think Maisto can a least do the same for the fans and others. Do you dare to take the challenge. Thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Why would you just call Maisto's rep out :confused

There are other reps on board too.

For someone who doesn't collect budget models, it really doesn't make sense to challenge Maisto for a better product.

Not once have you even posed a question to Denis about any of AUTOart's product :wink

Integrity check in progress...be very careful...............

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone mentioned that Maisto Rep is here. Thank you, but I did not know that there are other diecast manufacture rep out here too. You must have not read some of my post, but I started my collecting with Maisto and Bburago. Sure now I won't buy any new Maisto products but still have some from my original collection.

I am interested to see if Maisto were to make a premium 1/18 line equivalent to AUTOart, Minichamps and Kyosho's quality, would Maisto's pricing for the premium line still be better than that of current premium lines. And if they can, why are they not entering the market (or will they soon). I am sure they are larger in size and power than any of current the premium lines so why not show to all the fans what they can do. If they would release something of today's high quality, I would love to rekindly my love for them all over again.

I am fine with AUTOart products for now so why stir the nest.

Who do you sell your information to or where is your loyalty?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surely I read your post, but apparently you didn't read the last one before you posted it. You clearly state you won't buy any and in closing you state the opposite. I highlighted for you just incase you missed it yourself.

In case you haven't noticed by now, I am not for sale.

Theres more useless dribble concerning Maisto in the other thread, to be precise, the dribble that I described as arrogant. Remember that.

Who is my loyalty to? ... the collectors who make this community what it has grown to be. Period.

I'm not some wannabe industry insider, tried it, but didn't like what I saw.

It was me who mentioned something about Maisto having a rep on board.

You seem to be a very articulate guy and I truly don't wan't to engage you in a negative matter. But something doesn't seem right about all of this, I watched Spiderman2 for the first time today, so its just my spidey sense tingling... :wink

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
If you want to contact Maisto Click here! Charles from Maisto pokes his head in here every once in a while, but not often.

I have no idea on their business plan but this is my guess. Why would they enter a market that is already crowded when they own the market that they already have. I thought that you were giving economic classes last night? :giggle

Maisto does a great job and is hugely profitable by selling diecast replicas that are marketed in the toy department. We are the ones that have made them out as collectables.

I also what to know what questions you have for Maxxximus???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no interest in Maisto. I was simply stating that I saw nothing wrong with the persons post, only that I thought your reply was a little heavy handed, as was this reply I am replying to. I know my opinion doesn't matter, but, well, now I've gotten a bad first impression about this forum. We're all supposed to be happy here...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
There's no apology neccesary. I'm just new to this whole diecast world, and was excited that I found this place. Other than mine, I do think though that all opinions do matter. Just a little taken back...but no worries mate!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
My post you mention above is reference to another post made AchillesDiecast relating Maisto. It may not explain much, but you will have to read that thread to see where it orignated from.

As for me saying your opinion doesn't count, I phrased that wrong. I thought me and AchillesDiecast wee going to have a discussion and you just got caught up in the middle as there is more than meets the eye to this.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
First you say that "some brands" (after citing Maisto and Hot Wheels) are not worthy, that collecting Maistos and such is "immature" and then that Maisto does a lot of "smoke and mirrors". Now you're intrested in rekindly your old love for Maisto? :confused

Did anyone else notice the smell?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
If the Maisto rep is reading this - I would like to thank you and that I'm quite pleased with the company's recent efforts. :nicejob :cheers

I did not expected much, since most of my collection consists of AUTOart & Exotos. The CLK DTMs totally caught me off guard. Wow! For such an affordable price, I sure got a lot of diecast! Bravo! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

I hope Maisto will continue this trend and supply us with wonderful pieces, with affordable prices.

The best $20 diecast bucks I have ever spent:

*56K warning*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just starting to collect diecast models, and I will have to agree with Souky I see nothing wrong with the Maisto brand. I will continue buying Maisto's Models. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maistos are a huge part of my collection and the brand is one of my favorites. I, however, would love to speak to a Maisto rep as I have noticed that quality has gone a little south in the past years (remember stuff like the Carrera GT and Morgan Aero 8?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"With great power, comes great responsibilities" as I can imagine you are familiar with that too.

Ex-lover (in this case Maisto) will always hang around. It is apparent that Maisto has a good grip on the mass market collectors, but don't you think they should have plenty of skills and potential of proving to their large fan base that they too can commit and release a high end model at lower price than the rest? At that time, I will love to pick one (or two) up for my own collection, not their current releases. Double Wink!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Do you collect a car only because its high end or because the subject matter interests you? So will you still buy a high end Maisto with all the bells and whistles even if it doesnt interest you one bit?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.