DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
There's a black 1/12 '58 Vette by Anson on bid right now. Just do a search for "Corvette 1/12" and they'll all come up.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
There is a 1/12 '58 made by Gearbox that is pretty good for the money. I have seen it in black at KBT/Outlets in the past. I know that the headlights are different between them.
Here is a link to one that already sold on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1958-BLACK-CONVERTIBLE...1QQcmdZViewItem
Item # 160050500525

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Gearbox '58 is not done well well quality wise; I bought one from KB last year and returned it after a few days, the chrome trim is poorly done and the panel gaps are uneven. Save your money! Wha not buy the blue DM corvette-that one is still available and it's a nice color-I have both DM corvettes and they are excellent! The working convertible tops are amazing and the detail/quality of assembly is outstanding--the only non positive remark I can make about them is the headlamps are frosted, to hide the LED light unit behind the clear lens.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Gurney for your comments!!
Can you tell me what are the differences between the blue and the black ones ? I I heard that blue 56 corvette is more detailed in engine, is that true?

And I was told the interior are soft to touch...are the seats made of leather?
thanks!!

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
If you have your heart set on the black, perhaps a post at the forum of the site that you saw the review at would yield a couple of leads.
There are quite a few Danbury collectors over there that may be able to help you on this. :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.