DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a hard time finding links to purchase custom 1:18 scale wheels here in the United States. I have seen many of the links from German model companies, but many do not ship to the USA, and the ones that do are extremely expensive. Anyone who has links or knows of any American custom model part companies, please post here for myself and anyone else who may be looking. Thanks alot.

G

·
Sorry none I know states side, but Uli Nowak will ship to North America. Recently bought some calipers and rotors. No issues!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nova, I've finally been dipping into the wheels and tires lately. Right now I have drag race wheels sets almost ready to sell. I'll be making 4 or 5 different rear drag tires for tubbed out cars along with 5 different front runners. I know you like to build drag cars so hopefully this is right up your ally. I've made them tp fit the wheels that I am making also. Pretty soon I will have my workshop set up and all my maching equipment in place so I can start making aluminum wheels. If you were looking for other types of wheels show me a picture and I may be able to make them.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Try www.collectablediecast.com under accessories for some custom wheels, mostly of the "bling" variety.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
141 Posts
Strange the above thread has some good looking rims & tires but you cant buy decent rims anywhere else. Whats the catch, are they toooo good to be true

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Strange the above thread has some good looking rims & tires but you cant buy decent rims anywhere else. Whats the catch, are they toooo good to be true
Were you refering to my comment? I make all kinds of parts for diecasts that you can't get anywhere else. That's the reason I started making my own parts because there wasn't any good realistic parts out there. The tires I make are real rubber tires. The only issue I am having with them is the back side of them aren't as clean as the front. It's good that you don't see the back of the tire so it's not really that big a deal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Corrupted. Saw your posts, and your drag wheels and tires...I will certainly be getting with you for a few sets down the road. Another set of wheels that have become very hard to come by as of late are the kenesis rims and tires...I've been looking all over the place, and they are either out of stock, or marked up to around $20 plus shipping when originally priced around 10 bucks. Keep up the great parts, and I'll surely keep an eye out on your site for upcoming parts. Take care.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hi Corrupted. Saw your posts, and your drag wheels and tires...I will certainly be getting with you for a few sets down the road. Another set of wheels that have become very hard to come by as of late are the kenesis rims and tires...I've been looking all over the place, and they are either out of stock, or marked up to around $20 plus shipping when originally priced around 10 bucks. Keep up the great parts, and I'll surely keep an eye out on your site for upcoming parts. Take care.
Yeah, I've been looking for some kinesis wheels too.I have a few projects that could use them.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I guess I should add info here as well. I am in the process of making aluminum wheels. I don't know how to add a link to another thread in DX, but I have a thread of it started. Plus working on exotic wheels as well.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I guess I should add info here as well. I am in the process of making aluminum wheels. I don't know how to add a link to another thread in DX, but I have a thread of it started. Plus working on exotic wheels as well.
I check every day for updates haha One day this week when Im not bogged down with work and school Ill get to ship out those wheels to you

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I check every day for updates haha One day this week when Im not bogged down with work and school Ill get to ship out those wheels to you
It'll be another week before I have any info on the wheels I dropped off. Not a problem, when ever you get time. Thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts