DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which brands are "not" made in China.

Are there any that are made in North America or Europe still?

I know there are a lot of good brands that are made in Asia like CMC and others, but are there others which are still made in the west?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solidos used to be made in France, Bburagos, in Italy. Now, they're made in China.

Guiloy still uses Spain as their center of manufacturing.

Exoto just moved to Dubai for a lot of their production...but that's not really the West, is it? :giggle

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
From the CMC website :

In 1994 the CMC brand was introduced and in November 1995 the industrious business couple released their first high-quality handassembled die-cast, the Trossi Mercedes "Black Prince". Moreover, since 1998 the perfect miniature collectibles have been manufactured in a CMC-owned production plant and are being distributed within Europe and worldwide.

In 1998 we began establishing our subsidiary in Southern China. The official foundation took place in 2000.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
There is a small company that still produces stuff in the US, but is basically farming equipment. Here in Brazil there's Modeline, who produces some 1:43 Brazilian cars and trucks and some other trucks in other scales. All the other major brands that I know of have their factories in China or other Far East countries.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Red Line is based in Macau, same as Sparks.

I can't say for MDS, BBR is Italy based and made, but Red Line and Looksmart are apparently made in China (even though the Looksmart models say it's made in Italy (I was told by a dealer that it is made in China, because there is no way they can sell it at a much lower price compare to BBR)

Minichamps is based in Germany, for R&D, but production is in China.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts