DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a Carrera GT. Any thoughts on the one to buy? I would have to buy online so i cannot see them side by side. I have the Maisto and i want a high end version of it. Thanks in advance! :cheers

DC4ME

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the Minichamps version and am very pleased. compared to the autoart version, the minichamps wins in terms of having working suspension, real leather seats, a more detailed engine, and a more detailed trunk, a place where autoart made a mistake by making it carpeted instead of quilted like the real CGT. The only place that autoart wins is with the tires and the brake rotors which have a much more metallic and realistic look than the minichamps, but overall the minichamps version wins on more points. Hope this helps :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Assuming colour doesn't matter to you, is price important? One Minichamps is 1.5 AUTOart CGT's...

For detail sake I would go for Minichamps.
For colour sake I would go for AUTOart (silver)

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'm having the same problem myself :giggle

The Minichamps definitely has the better interior, better trunk and better undercarriage. But, its red, which doesn't look to bad on the CGT but silver or black seem to look better and then there is the price! :tease

The Autoart has better look, available in silver or black, better engine(the Minichamps engine has green carbon fiber!) better wheels/brakes and its cheaper.

My choice is the Autoart is silver. Even though the front bumper doesn't match I'm sure the photos make it look worse :cheers

G

·
My personal favourite is the Minichamps, I think the all-round package is slightly better than AUTOart's, but they are both fantastic models.

Although difficult, its a nice choice to have. :giggle

G

·
The reason the MiniChamps is better than the AUTOart is because it cost's more than the AUTOart, and i really don't pitty anyone who would pay the full prise for the Dealer-Edition of the Minichamps.

In terms of which one to get out of the 2, im just going to do all the time in this situation....

GET BOTH :happy , you don't have to worry to much thinking about it then.

·
Registered
852 Posts
After seeing both and examing the quality I would definitly wait for a black Minichamps If I were you.
Also, there is a big chance it won't include leather seats, so the price will be good and the model quality will be the same.
Patience is the name of the game :cheers

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I'm kinda leaning towards the Minichamps, since it is only around $15 more depending on where you go. I have seen the Minichamps for as low as $99. Although I would perfer a different color, since while nice, red just seems odd for a CGT. I hope Minichamps releases a yellow CGT :giggle
I will admit AUTOart has the better wheel and brake detail though, but overall the Minichamps seems better. Green carbon fiber and all :lol

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone!! Color is not important. It looks llike Minichamps is winning :cheers

DC4ME

G

·
Each has it's pros and cons and I think just about all them has already been listed here. The only thing I can add is the headlights on the Minichamps out of proportion with the car. :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
Something I've noticed on the Minichamps model: the headlights are too wide! They have to be way narrower, like AUTOart's version.
In terms of detail, I think the Minichamps wins though. I like how Minichamps replicated the door lock mechanism, something you don't see very often...
I think I would take the AUTOart though, as in my opinion it looks more 'clean' than the Minichamps, as the Minichamps also seems to have some fitting problems (look at the seats for example) and the too wide headlights do disturb me.
Oh yeah, and the AUTOart is cheaper :giggle
:my2cents

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.