UPS2629.89%
Airborne11.15%
Canadian Post78.05%
Not a bad choice in the bunch33.45%
Other1213.79%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know a lot shop online and therefore have to deal with shipping carriers delivering the package, which is always the worst part for me. I get a little antsy about my package being swapped from truck to truck. Especially by some worker who handles hundreds of packages a day with each one meaning less and less tot hem as the day wears on.

As we have various members from around the world, please feel free to chime in with any carriers I may have missed.

So from your experience who has provided you the best service and prices when delivering th fragile merchandise :lol :feedback

I like USPS prices for shipping Priority Mail(however, they did loose my black UT Corvette Convertible :ranting ), but UPS tracking system has to be one of the best I've used when dealing with the rest. :cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Everything I have ordered comes by UPS, and they, so far have been good about not breaking anything :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
DiecastX said:
I like USPS prices for shipping Priority Mail(however, they did lose my black FM Camaro :ranting ), but UPS tracking system has to be one of the best I've used when dealing with the rest. :cheers
:iagree

I was going to say Canadian Post :giggle :giggle :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I prefer anything other tha UPS/FedEx d/t the incurred brokerage fees w/out my permission. USPS works extremely well for anything coming in from the US, CDN post rocks here in the better 1/2 of NA as all my items arrive w/in 5-7 days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like German Post and Japan Post, they are very fast and reasonable. USPS and Canadian Post isn't that bad either. The worst carrier has to be the one from Netherland, they lost two of my parcels! :ranting

UPS and Fed/Ex is great, but like Mike said, their brokerage fee is insane. Happened twice where the brokerage fee cost more than what my models cost!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
mwrmt said:
I prefer anything other tha UPS/FedEx d/t the incurred brokerage fees w/out my permission. USPS works extremely well for anything coming in from the US, CDN post rocks here in the better 1/2 of NA as all my items arrive w/in 5-7 days.
:iagree Almost without exception, I will only buy diecasts from people who ship via USPS/Canada Post from the U.S. to Canada. Otherwise, the broker fees will kill me. For the most part, I haven't had any major problems with either of them.

The only things I've had shipped to me via UPS or Fedex are car parts from the U.S. In each of those cases, I paid ~C$38 for broker fees. That said, the service was very good and the online tracking system amazing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The last two models that I bought on Ebay were shipped DHL and they arrived incredibly fast, literaly overnight from pickup to delivery.

Airborne Express is also good, but they do take a day or two longer.

USPS is the slowest, but they have large mail lockers at my apartment complex, so I don't have to worry about being home to sign for a package or worry about a package sitting outside my front door for anyone to grab while I'm at work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not too familiar with "Broker fees" you guys mention associated with UPS and FedEx...can someone explain them to me. :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's essentially service charge for parcels going through Customs. When the parcel crosses the border, they need to charge any associated fees such as taxes and duties, and UPS/Fed-Ex both have their own service provider that clears these parcels through the border (unless the items are marked as gift or the value is low). With Canada Post, all I have to pay is a $5 service charge plus any applicable taxes, with UPS and FedEx, I often get stuck with a $30 to $60 service fee for them to clear the parcel through customs in addition to the associated taxes.

·
Registered
923 Posts
When I ordered my Ferrari F40 and Porsche 935 models from Modelissimo on a Thursday, they were delivered on the following Tuesday (by Deutsche Post). I was impressed the 5-day delivering time considering that it was from Germany (I live in the UK). I was also impressed with the small shipping charge of just €10 for both models.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's one thing good about Deutsche Post (German Post :giggle ) if you buy many models.

For me here in Canada, the shipping rate is 27.50 Euro for any number of models, and i usually get the models within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I don't know - whoever CollectorX and RJ can line up for me. :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
kkwhung said:
That's one thing good about Deutsche Post (German Post :giggle ) if you buy many models.

For me here in Canada, the shipping rate is 27.50 Euro for any number of models, and i usually get the models within 2 weeks.
That's good to know. Thanks for that info as I have been hesistant in the past to pay all those Euros for a German-based eBay vendor. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Considering the amount of models I ship out a day, I think Royal Mail are one of the best. I have had only a few small problems, but they deal with it pretty quickly. I know one model I sent was from the UK to Australia and only took 7 days!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts