DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Curious what you think/know are the most out of scale 1/18s.... I ve heard that the Maisto Explorer Sportrac is pretty bad, and I know the Bburago BMW Z cars are shamefully out of scale (especially next to the UT Z cars!!)

Im not sure... but with my Maisto Porsche Cayenne next to my UT Expedition, the porsche looks a little small, but it seems okay next to the 911's ....

The Anson CLK looks very small as well....

Also I strongly suspect that the Bburago Porsche 356B is not really in scale.... can anyone confirm???

Finally, I suspect the Maisto 911 Speedster is a bit large...

Oh well, just my "usual suspects" any others you guys know of?? Im sure alot of the out of scale questions come from not regularly seeing the more unique cars out on the road with the rest of the average cars... :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Bburago Ferrari 250 GTO is gigantic and way out of scale :ranting

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
The Anson (now RC2/Ertl) Convertible Eldorado Pace car has to be one worst offenders. Come to think of it, several Ansons are off. :ranting

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hummer H1 by MAISTO

i saw in pictures the EXOTO and the MAISTO (same model) one by one and the maisto is much much smaller and the EXOTO is really in scale big and massive!!!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
castrol_supra_gt said:
Bburago's BMW M Roadster looks like it's been given more steroids than Ben Johnson. :giggle
:lol :lol :lol I can relate to your analogy!!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
mustangEleanor said:
Hummer H1 by MAISTO

i saw in pictures the EXOTO and the MAISTO (same model) one by one and the maisto is much much smaller and the EXOTO is really in scale big and massive!!!
I forgot about that one! :lol

·
Yusss
37 Posts
Burago, the Ford Lightning was a disappointment. It used to be listed as 1/18, later I think they changed it 1/21. Anson's El Dorados, Solido (most anything they make), and Maisto's Sport Tracs come to mind.

G

·
bburago. Almost all of their Ferraris are a bit larger than scale, especially the 250 series of cars (testarossa, gto, LM). Ansons seem on the small side.

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Any Jada model is way too big, and any Jadi model is way too small. Its only the models starting with 'jad'. Lotta maistos, hotwheels, and buragos are out of scale in height off the ground, some look like monster trucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts