DiecastXchange Forum banner

Which Ford GT by AutoArt would you recommend?

434 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  crz
Dear all, I am on the market for a (1/18th) Ford GT by AutoArt. Which one would you recommend? Thanks!
Reactions: 1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Hello,

If you're talking 2005 ford GT from Autoart, if I am not mistaken there are :

• 4 "production" models (Red, Yellow, Gulf and Black)
  • 2 "Gran Turismo" models (Black carbon and white)

If you're talking 2017 model :

• 4 "production" models (White, blue, red, yellow)
  • Ford GT "Le mans", I don'treally know these one

An important thing to know is that FORD GT 2005 models from Autoart are METAL models, very heavy. FORD GT 2017 are PLASTIC models, very light. I would recommend a 2005 for GT in metal, the red one, but this is subjective opinion ;)
See less See more
Reactions: 3
There are also the Heritage cars. I would pick one of those. I prefer the white and blue car. I've almost bought it a couple times. I should really pull the trigger.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
See less See more
Personally I think they missed the mark on the specs.
I have the white one that will eventually have race red stripes added to pair along side the Viper GTS-R.(white, blue stripes)

This is what AutoArt should have done imo.
Gloss black cargon fiber wheels.
Silver brake calipers would have also worked nicely.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
See less See more
Reactions: 2
I had the 2016 LMGTE Pro winner for a while and was quite satisfied with it (sold meanwhile because it didn't really fit into my collection):
See less See more
There are also the Heritage cars. I would pick one of those. I prefer the white and blue car. I've almost bought it a couple times. I should really pull the trigger.

View attachment 294587
It's funny how we're all different. When. I saw the heading of this thread my first thought was "none of those ugly heritage liveries" LOL.

I feel like white/blue or blue/white is what a GT should be.
I hate the 'Heritage' gulf 2005 models as the numbering on the Gulf car looks horrible. Almost every single one we sold got the BBS wheel upgrade. NONE of the wheels were anything but natural/silver. But the 2005 street versions are the best, especially the 2nd batch with struts to hold the rear cover open. Red/White or Titanium/silver. Yellow/black looks good too but wasn't offered in the 2nd batch. The black cars had those stupid gold wheels. The strut versions were only offered in the red/titanium/black/heritage.
I decided to buy no version of the AutoArt Ford GT. On all their versions of the 2017 model the wing mirrors aren鈥檛 staggered, like they should be. They weren鈥檛 on the 2015 presentation GTs, but they were on the 2017 version. Only with the 2022 heritage models did they get this right 鈥 but the fuel filler cap was still the wrong shape. TopSpeed did get both of those things right.
I decided to buy no version of the AutoArt Ford GT. On all their versions of the 2017 model the wing mirrors aren鈥檛 staggered, like they should be. They weren鈥檛 on the 2015 presentation GTs, but they were on the 2017 version. Only with the 2022 heritage models did they get this right 鈥 but the fuel filler cap was still the wrong shape. TopSpeed did get both of those things right.
I agree with you, if it's not right then I don't want it.
I received 2 AA heritage models, with both models the doors didn't close properly. So be aware of that.
Reactions: 1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts