DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the old saying: 'It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission"? :giggle

A little tale:

I used to have an office where I kept all of my non-diecast 1/18 toys and life was fine. I eventually sold my company and was left with the dilemma of how to sneak 450+ bike, 15+ planes, tanks...

For a while most has been in storage and some of the smaller pieces have migrated to the Billys incognito, until recently.

Most have seen my wall of 6-Billys where the Muscle cars are displayed, but I have never posted pics of my home office/diecast room (I will post pics eventually) where I want for this to eventually all reside. The problem is, the wife and I made a pact to keep that room "respectable"-whatever that is! :dizzy

Well...the other day I decided to go for broke and hang a plane to see what kind of reaction I got from the "Boss". :giggle
Yesterday, she went in there and noticed it and mentioned that it looked good! :happy
Now, do I sneak a plane a day? a plane a month? Rotate a couple on display?

Going from a "few hundred" diecast to "a couple of thousand" was not this hard! :lol :lol :lol

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
As I wrote this (and she takes a nap), I hung another one up! :storm :lol :lol

...Where did that helicopter come from??? :goodnight

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
:lol I suspect you are playing with fire there Al! :giggle

I love the way you have hung them from the roof though, I may be looking for some tips on how to do that myself shortly. I just bought 3 1:18th planes including the Canadian Tiger meet CF-104, one of the USAF Sabres from Korea and a MiG-15, and I'm kind of at a loss as to where I'm going to display them... :giggle

G

·
Great idea! I was wondering... with my permanent lack of display space, how would it look to hang diecast cars from the ceiling? :lol That would save the tires also!

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Tiger Meet is a NATO periodic meeting grouping squadrons from all NATO countries that have a tiger as their symbol. The participants use to have their aircraft painted like a tiger skin pattern. CF-104 is the Canadian version of the F-104 Starfighter.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Lots of big cabinets filled with diecast
Diecast hanging on the walls
Diecast hanging from the ceiling

If I tried that I would have diecast sticking out of my a$$ :lol

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:eek:mg I made it through the night! :lol and I didn't have to sleep with one eye open.

She went in there this morning and did not notice the P-51 and the Little Bird! Should I continue? The Corsair is ready to take flight! :giggle

Will she notice 450+ bikes? :help

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait a minute! According to Hollywood, the hero can take out 3 bad guys with a single bullet while avoiding all of their twin Uzi's firepower!

Nothing venture, nothing gained!

I failed to mention that this evening, we have a Boys Scouts meeting at out house with about 15 parents and 25-30 boys. Only one has seen "the collection".

She wants me to clean and I want to display more stuff! :smack

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funny you should mention that! This room is over the garage. One of those spiral staircases could connect the two and I would have my favorite room in the house connected and I would only have to visit the the rest of the house to eat, sleep and...never mind! :giggle

The plans did not make it pass the napkin-drawing stage! They were shot down before blue-prints and a visit by a contractor! I was plainly told of no...never mind if I went through with it. :lol

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also funny you should say that! I had the DeLorean from "Back to the Future III" and I had it hung (where the Little Bird is) and she said: "The planes look good, but the car looks stupid". (Notice that she said "planes" so should I take that as an open license?) :confused

So, down it came! But she didn't say that nothing else could take it's place. :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Huh? :confused :confused "Honey, where did that Corsair come from?"

*Am I flying too close to the sun?* :lol Will my "wings" get scorched? :giggle

Attachments

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Al, face it...you're in trouble! :giggle

Sean

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.