DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish to know which is the best replica of the Camaro Z28. I have the ERTL version:

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
If that is the Authentics and you are going after the stock look, you have the best one in my humble opinion.
The Lanes, while nice, are older releases and lack details like carpet and real style hinges.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I agree! I wish I would have gotten the black vinyl top version on mine but I'm still very happy with it.

:cheers
Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally like the Lanes better; the wheels appear to be properly scaled. The Authentics wheels look like scale 17 inchers. The Lane car also has the rare cowl induction air cleaner which is properly connected to the firewall. The Authentics have an open element air cleaner...the hood and door hinges are moot for me, cause the doors and hoods on my models are displayed closed. That plain ole evry day aircleaner and too big wheels are my pet peeve about the Authentic....

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Fresh air getting to hi-po engines is one my mechanical pet peeves. All air pumps (engines) need lots of air to make power....Im just wired funny like that. And to me, thats one of the coolest parts on '67 Z/28. Opening the hood on a '67 Z/28 without that piece, would be like taking a D cup bra off your date, only to find that it was padded and she is actually a B cup....... :zoom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.