DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
well today i got my 1st ever 1:12 car, i went & got the clk gtr #11 blue very nice & ill post some pics once i get time. now i know these have a problem with the tyres turning whiteish. i think i read once that the tyre spray for real cars can fix this, so anyone who knows for sure can you let me know. im sure a few guys have this model. i love it!! i got #1701 of 4,999 pcs. these are getting harder to find now to
thanks anyone
:cheers
heres a few pics now its sorted

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went to canadian tire & got armourall tire shine gel & that did the trick, nice & black again think it was $9. i think the rear cowling could be a nicer fit on this model. seems like it wants to pop free.

G

·
Yeah, I used turtle wax tire shine product..

The tires on my Meccano Renault, GMP C5R (black one), and GMP C5R Compuware are also turning white..

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Just be careful that the ArmorAll stuff you use does NOT contain any petroleum distllates. That tends to be harmful to plastics. When I used to use Armorall it in my car (over 10 years ago), over time, I noticed the plastic around the dashboard "drying up" and cracking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
whatever you do, please becareful not to rub off that beautiful white (bridgestone Potenza) markings on the tyre walls. i accidentally did on my smaller scale CLK GTR. they come off easily.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.