DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've collected a few BBR and MR Collection models from Italy. I stumbled across a brand called Makeup Models from Japan and they're amazingly detailed....somewhat better than BBR, but both are priced about the same.

Who else do you think makes great 43 scale resin models?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I thought EBBRO were diecast Felix. I may be wrong though. Spark make some nice cars though, but I don't think they're in the same league as the other two you've mentioned.

Provenance Moulage(?) make kits and I think some of them are quite good. Generally though resin means hand made means expensive, so my experience with them is very limited.

I'd love to see some pics of your BBR's and MR's though Steve.

:cheers

Mark

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I don't know which one are the best but there is one resin model made by ABC-Brianza that I would love to see in 1/18 diecast....

Ferrari Rossa Concept.....by Pininfarina 2000 Show Car Torino .

It would be nice if CMC or BBR should make it! ...but I'll take it even if Hot Wheels decide to produce it!

Attachments

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
From what I've heard from Kev, the King of 1/43 :giggle

Makeup is a good resin 1/43 company, I've also heard of Looksmart, LSJ (subsidiary of Looksmart, I believe). They're all pretty well made resin models, but of course, quite pricey :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MR and BBR are both considered the premier handbuilt brands, but there are a ton of smaller handbuilt companies around that does equal or better jobs from what I heard.

Makeup was doing their F40s with Looksmart/MR (hence LSJ -Looksmart Japan I believe). Price is around what Looksmart costs, but they will soon change their name (so they might not be affliated with MR/LS anymore). MR and Looksmart are sister companies I believe.

Sparks and Redline are sister brands.

For handbuilts, AMR and Technomodels are supposedly very good. but they are much more expensive.

Also, BBR recently started doing a series of lower cost cars being sold as Gasoline models (which carries only BBR models)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LookSmart's are defenitly worth their price and a "cheap" alternative for BBR & MR
altough i do have models of all company's i'm getting more & more interested in LS they are having some very intersting models coming out next year
another fav company of mine is Heco Modeles, altough those are more expensive then BBR & a lot harder to find.
i have recently received my first TechnoModel and i'm defenity astonished by it, it's just an amazing piece (don't you have a TechnoModel Kelvin??)
of they only company that i don't have cars is from AMR
all i can say, if you see one, and you CAN afford it GET IT!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
well the TechnoModel is the same price range as BBR

and they 512 S Coda Lunga is just gorgeous, and since they got the Ecurie Francorchamps version i just HAD TO HAVE IT :happy

oh
i'm getting more & more in trouble TRYING to resist from buying the Heco Bugatti's, Delahaye's & Delage's :scared :pullhair :help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Heco Bugatti Royales are really cool, especially the one with the chassis only, but they are way too expensive. :scared

1 - 12 of 12 Posts