DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Of late I am starting to get sick of ebay. After getting burnt several times recently and now this. :pullhair

I was after a 1/16 tiger tank and what do I come across but this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I think to myself. Thats a good price. The guy has a fairly good reputation. Then I notice 2 or 3 pictures in the auction are of a type 90 tank. But I say to myself, it repeatedly states I will get a German Tiger tank, in the auction, maybe the guy just made a mistake.

So I end up winning it, and boy do my troubles start.

This is what he sends me.

I then email him and ask him why he sent me a type 90 tank and asked him what he was going to do. He then askes me for pics, which I supply. He then tells me

we can see from the picture and it's 3808 tank as stated in the auction
To which I've answered the following:

First of all in the auction Title it States its a "German Tiger Tank" The model I received was a Japanase SDF Type 90 Tank. Secondly in the title it refers to it as a type 808 tank?

Further down in the auction description it states I will get a German Tiger Tank, Not a Type 90 tank and not a 3808 tank, you specifically put in the auction that I would get a German Tiger Tank. The first two pictures in you auction are of a German Tiger tank.

The Last picture in your auction is of a German Tiger Tank.

Nowhere on the box does it Say Tiger Tank. In your title it does not say 3808, it says tiger Tank.

You are misrepresenting what you sell. Are you telling me you A) wont refund me? and or B) accept my return of the tank and you sending me a Tiger tanks as described in your auction?

Regards
All this over 60 AUD. I thought something like this might happen, but I thought because of his huge feedback and the explicit tiger references in the auction that he wouldn't do this. sigh.

Now Of course he'll neg feedback me if I do it to him. I think I'll raise a dispute with ebay first idk, this just plain bites. Plus although it doesnt state it in the auction the tiger is 1/16 and the type 90 is 1/24 scale
:pullhair

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Hope you get things sorted out, Odin. It's beyond me why people do stuff like that (well, I guess not really...some people just cheat because they think they'll get away with it). Anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What can I say Odin... I'm sorry to hear about this. Like mox has mentioned, I can't understand how people think they can get away with 'cheating' people on such online auctions, and how they intend to get away with it. This is one of the reasons why I am reluctant to go for online auctions unless I really need to. Anyway, hope you get it sorted out mate! :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune to deal with that idiot of a vendor. The guy clearly has no scrupples. You should take a screen capture of the auction page so that you can email it to eBay for resolution purposes. Good luck Odin!

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Wait a bit and see how the seller responds to your reply? Maybe he's not as experty (<--- is that a word?) as you in tank matters.

I hope you hear good news from him! And remember, make HIM pay for the return costs!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I looked at one of his other tank auctions and think he is deliberately misleading people. You'll notice the first photo matches the auction title. But scroll down a little and you see photos of at least two to five other tanks. It is only reasonable for a purchaser to think that the first photo shows the speciific tank being sold (as it matches the auction title) and the others are merely advertising photos to show what other tanks the company makes. His reference to the "code - 3808" is at best a cheap excuse for him to weasel out. It doesn't even match the description. Sounds like false advertising or misleading advertising to me. Furthermore, his auction says:

"You will get:
- German Tiger Tank
- Charger
- Rechargeable battery
- Remote Control"

Where is there any suggestion that Odin will be getting a Type 90 tank? Nowhere. I deal with enough contractors weekly who try to take advantage of my employer and I am not one to put up with this sort of weaselly crap.

So, my $0.02 worth says Odin has a solid case.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Odin fight all the way mate, thats is not what you payed for, even 60au or 5au these people try screw buyers over, like Felix states you have a solid case.

Keep us posted Odin.

EDIT: he has done this before, have a read of his feedback as it not perfect, one person left feedback which reads "A tank arrived but not the Tiger I paid for Please explain & where is the tiger?"

:cheers

G

·
I have an issue with an ebay seller and they keep getting different people contacting me. Saying sorry other person wasn't able to help. I won't say what I think about Ebay because some will lash out at me but I am very dissapointed in their customer service department. I hope you get better luck.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Marco....your experience is what it is. If it's shared objectively and factually, there's no reason for anyone to lash out at you. I do however recognize there are always two sides to every coin & the truth is usually somewhere in between. In addition, "lashing out" isn't really tolerated around here :wink I too have NOT heard good things about eBay's slowness at resolving disputes between parties.

G

·
My expierence is so horrible that I don't even feel like sharing it. But to have 12 different people contact me all saying the same thing is frustrating. It's sad because I buy alot on Ebay and they make money from me when I pay by paypal and when the seller lists and pays fees. They really don't seem to care about the situation I have with the seller and seem to collect their money and move on. Very sad.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
The sad truth about eBay is that for every member they sour and turn away, HUNDREDS new join in. Just look at their financials!
I have had a few misshaps hy self, but all of the 99% that have gone right, outweight the negatives.

I say if you don't like it, vote with your wallet! This reminds me of something I read, if you are a Doctor and a patient walks in complaining of foot pain because he constantly hits his toes with a hammer. Do you tell him to take aspirins for the pain or tell him to to quit hitting himself with the hammer?

Odin, I hope you resolve this! There are several ways that you can get even with this vendor. :wink

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thx everyone, yeah when I bid on this item he only had a few bad feeback not 25. I will be raising a dispute with ebay if he doesn't do anything. It's just a pain going through this stuff.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You misrepresent your self and you compare the tank which some other
> tank.
> what about like this
> you pay $30 and we will send you 1:16 german tank, and you keep the
> one
> you have currently got
>

Ok this was his reply to my last email. I wouldn't mind the tiger tank for 30$ but it seems to me that, 1 if I pay him any further money it won't be covered by ebay and 2) in his answer that he's admitting he didn't send me a german tiger tank.

In theory though I shouldn't be up for anything? right.. he should pay for me to send back the item and get what I was supposed to get. for free?

Havent dealt with an item this big before ( ie issues)

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
See, that's the problem with ebay purchases, when something goes wrong, most sellers have a little blurb in their auctions that says to the effect of: "buyer pays shipping for returns" or something like that.

If he doesn't, then you should demand he pay for the return shipping as well. Seeing this guy's feedback, I'd be wary to send him more money :help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts