DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited to add this Revell model to my collection. Since I am in the US, it has been little challenging to aquire Revell models at reasonable price.

I like:

-The general subject matter
-Mango Orange body color
-Stance of the model
-Clean interior with crisp plastic details
-Wheels
-Depth in engine detail

I dislike:

-The paint quality: thin in some area (common on yellow/orange models), a chip on an edge
-lack of side windows

Here are some pix:

:cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Looks good, Matt - nice pics...it looks great against the black background!!

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Once again, terrific photos!

I know what you mean about finding the Revells at a decent price. For instance, I would love to add one of the new Mercedes Revell released (240, if I recall correctly), yet the prices they have fetched on eBay have been really astronomical!

Congrats on another great score! :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great photos! :cheers Not one of themes either, but IF I ever find one at a decent price, you will get the kill sticker!

M-A-A-A-A-N-G-O.....aaahhhhrrrrr!!! <-Homer Simpson :giggle I know what I am having for an afternoon snack!

G

·
Great pics as usual. :cheers

I too have been searching in depth for a W GT, both coupe and convertible with very limited success without having to pay a premium for one.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
That is one hot model :coolpics I love the orange color on this one make it look so smooth. :cheers
Apart from the paint coat, how are the quality of Revells compared to the other brands? Is it more like Maisto or Norev or Minichamp's Car Collection range?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I don't have too many Revell models, but I would place the models I have along the line with Maisto. This perticular model has good interior, but one thing I don't like about Revell model is their door hinging design. It is spring loaded, but it snaps too hard. I'm always worried about scratching paint when I shut the doors close.

:dizzy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.