DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tryed making some working speakers for there model cars? e.g. using head phone speakers and wire it all under the car?
im thinking about buying a rotating stand and making some working speakers in 1 of my madels but also having a bigger speaker like a mini sub or something around that for under the stand to give it a bit more sound but make out as if the sound is coming from the car. any feed back would b gr8 if anyone has tryed this or will b trying it thank you
:feedback

cheers
ben

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You guys are on really on another level when it comes to customs :cheers

Couple of questions. How would you power up a speaker without including a head unit and a power source and what will you ground the head unit to?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DiecastX said:
You guys are on really on another level when it comes to customs :cheers

Couple of questions. How would you power up a speaker without including a head unit and a power source and what will you ground the head unit to?
with a 1:12 or possibly one of the larger 1:18's
use an MD!!!!!!!!, but then u gotta crank up the voloum real loud so u can hear it :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had working siren in one of my customs (cop car) and i just used a mobile phone speaker. as for the sound, it was only a siren so it was just a kit from dick smiths. i dont know how you would do propper music. maybe one of those little song things from kmart, dont know what they are called, but they are tiny.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
chups said:
i had working siren in one of my customs (cop car) and i just used a mobile phone speaker. as for the sound, it was only a siren so it was just a kit from dick smiths. i dont know how you would do propper music. maybe one of those little song things from kmart, dont know what they are called, but they are tiny.
Good sounds like a good idea. Those are the things that play a segment of a song right?

·
Registered
923 Posts
A model with a large boot would make such a project a lot easier e.g. Welly BMW 745i. If you had the money you could get an MP3 player from eBay and fit that in the boot with the speaker. I measured up my brother's MP3 player and it would fit in the boot with a speaker if you stripped it out. :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Have you thought about using one of the Maistos that The Sharper Image sells? They are wired for other thing, but taking them appart might provide some of the basic electronics that you may need, plus the place to put the ones that you will need to add.

Go here to learn more about them. MB SLR They also make a H2, Carrera GT and a Cayenne

Good luck! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good idea chups never thought about those little song things i think u can buy card readers that go in them so u can change the songs. i know i would not pick anything by justin timberlake or britney spears :ranting i was thinking about using a discman i was thinking about maybe striping all the wires down and leading them out the bottom off the car where the holes are for when u take it off the stands. might buy a bburago next week and try it out see if it could work. i will start off like i said with a bburago see if it works then try it out on the AUTOart wrx it was eazy to pull apart no body kit need to b taken apart at all. i hope it works out well could b a first for many other modders to take up this modding part cheap and eazy could work out well for everyone.
i keep u lot posted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can pick up them really small radios for like 10bucks from Kmart.... that would be a good way to test it out before u go spending big bucks on an mp3 player

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A few years ago I did this.
But I did not put the receiver in the car.

I only had the speakers in the car. I took a few different cars apart and found a couple of small un-used, open areas in the models that I could hide the ear peaces, and I had the cord running out the bottom of the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts