DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really annoyed! Back in February this year I decided to get some models that I'd put off buying in 2005 due to work and family commitments. So I shopped around for them (the Red Bull and Racers Group 911 GT3Rs and the white with blue wheels 911 GT3 RS.

Anyway, I thought I'd give modellautohaus a try as they had them all listed in stock and like modelissimo (who didn't have them in stock) they offered a good fixed price shipping deal.

Anyway, I got an email to say thanks for my order but the models are not in stock, but we will send you a mail when they are in stock and send them then. I was a bit annoyed as I would have bought them elsewhere if I knew they didn't have them (but their site does not tell you the model you have just placed in your shopping cart is not in stock, very annoying!!!) Well, I'm a patient man, so I said that would be fine. Then at the end of March I emailed them and asked them if the models were in stock, or close to being in stock soon. I got a short email back to say they were delighted to be sending me one model "today". That's all the info I got. Needless to say the model has not arrived, but nor was my card charged either.

So I sent them an email over a week ago saying that if the Porsches were not in stock then either cancel the order or change it to some AUTOart BMWs I want (if they were in stock that is).

No respose was forthcoming until today when I got a short mail saying "Like we told you before, your payment didn't work so we will cancel the order unless we get more details before the 30/4/06".

Well, I hit the roof! Not once did they mention there was a problem processing my credit card (which I find amazing as it has a frighteningly large credit limit and I pay it off in full every month!) and they didn't have the courtesy to contact me at all about it! How incredibly annoying!!! Screw them anyway, I told them not to bother waiting until the 30th and told them to stuff the order where the sun doesn't shine. I made it very clear they did not tell me there was a problem with my payment details and that I was annoyed I had wasted my time wondering where my models were and that they really shouldn't have a website that allows you to order out of stock models without making it clear that you are doing so.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone else has dealt with them, it would be interesting to see if I'm unusual in having problems with them. I certainly won't be giving them my business anyway... :blowup

G

·
Sorry to hear of this ordeal.

I have not ordered from them - don't reckon I will be either.

Did they charge your card? What ever happened to the model they were supposedley sending out?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Darrick, at the end of the day it's no big deal, I just hate it when communication breaks down.

They haven't charged my card, and hence must not have actually sent the model they said they had. The problem was, they never told me they had a problem with the payment details I gave them (my visa card) so I was left waiting for nearly 3 months for models I would like to get before they disappear from general sale (into the realms of overpriced hard to get stuff on ebay).

So somewhere along the way they obviously thought they had told me they had not been able to collect payment on my order, because why wouldn't I want to clear up any problem they had in order to get my models!!!

Anyway, I'll be taking my custom elsewhere!!! :cheers

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I understand completely what annoyance you've been through as I had a similar experience with the German seller "Modebau" on eBay.

I dealt with them several times and everything was ok, but suddenly on one of our deals he left me negative and I was shocked. This seller did not have the model I ordered in stock and when I started to ask questions about it he literally blew up!
I had dealt with him numerous times and now suddenly the seller chooses to take our business straight to hoooraay? Not did he only owe (and still does) me 50 Euro, he left me a negative (favour returned) and called me things I don't bother to repeat in a public forum. I guess it's under pressure people show their true colours, nevertheless this seller has several thousand positive feedbacks and appearantly doing good business on eBay. The day today I still wonder what I did to thick him off besides just asking about where my model was?

I guess you never know what you may encounter on eBay....... :help

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you caught the guy on a bad day! It is very annoying when you have ordered or bought a model and have no idea where it is or when it will be on it's way to you.

Shame he got so personal, but overall I'd say it's his loss! :cheers

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dave! I was really disappointed they turned out to be no good as they seemed to have good prices and lots of good models in stock. Not the case it seems...

Anyway, another live and learn lesson!

I know what you mean about the hassle you get sometimes buying models, but I do think the thrill of the chase if you like is part of the fun of collecting these models! :cheers

·
Registered
910 Posts
Dear Ronan,

Very sad to read this.
The Modellautohaus.de is a very difficult shop. If this shop hear or read anything that any modelmaker wants to make anything then the Modellautohaus take this annouced stuff in their assortment and don't write 'it's for pre-order'.
And that is the missunderstanding what each buyer has if he wants to buy anything from the Modellautohaus. All persons, I read with the same problems, write the same like what I must read from you.

And more. I'm a registred user (and mod) from the german Modelcar-Forum. An user from there wrote the same problems with Modellautohaus in the Shop-Section. The owner from Modellautohaus read this and registered itself on this board.
First, he wrote that are all 'missunderstandings' and he wants to help the users from there. Afterwards, some users wrote their problems with the shop. This was not, what the Modellautohaus want to read. He changed his meaning and stated : Everything is not true.
The shop owner required the locking from the thread and threatened the Admin with legal consequences.

All I can say about this shop is: Keep your fingers away from there!

Michael

Source:

http://51653.rapidforum.com/topic=10027649...=Modellautohaus
http://51653.rapidforum.com/topic=100278623931
(For example, and sorry - it's all in german language.)

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Very interesting, Michael.
Sounds like the guy shot himself in the foot with many potential customers.
Some people just never seem to get it :confused

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Mark! All is fine really as I've already bought the 911 GT3RS with the blue wheels and the Racers Group 911 GT3-R off ebay for a good saving, and I'm watching one of the Red Bull cars! (It's what I should have done in the first place!!!) :cheers

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Having read some of the complaints against them on the German board Michael posted the links to (via an online translator!) it seems I'm far from the only person messed about by them.

Thanks again Michael for the link! :cheers

·
Registered
910 Posts
It was to hot. The Modellautohaus wrote us, he assigned an attorney for in order to let the people examine, who write in all threads about Modellautohaus.de. He stated, many users aren't respectable!? And they would spread some lies in order to make the Modellautohaus.de extortable....!?
This is what we can't examine. We locked the thread - but we don't deleted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.