DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
I think at least a couple of us are waiting for that question of where to (pre)order and how much!

Please let us know, D N'D-Land!!!

In the meantime, here are more pictures. These include more pictures of the grille:

https://tieba.baidu....=#/137795738066
Again, I was told north of $200 USD, message me and I will give you my dealer. This was the estimated price, it could be more as it was 100% in stone yet.

Now, lets HOPE that they will makse some Japanese Cars after the Lincoln and some actual 80s American cars! CHEERS!

·
Administrator
34,999 Posts
I'm going to merge this as we have two threads talking about the same model.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello D N'D Land, I've tried messaging you to learn where to order one; I think it went through but not sure. Could you please tell us how/where we can order this Cadillac? Thank you.

Again, I was told north of $200 USD, message me and I will give you my dealer. This was the estimated price, it could be more as it was 100% in stone yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is exciting. Xiaoguang working on OG Cadillac's, Lincoln's and Lexus' from the 90's. Cant wait to see the mock-up of this one as well, as that Road Tough 1:18 LS400 mold is very dated.

And it may be too much to ask for, but I wonder if they are considering making the Cadillac's and Lincoln's of the 1970's and 80's? I know BoS made some, but resin doesn't compare to diecast. Would especially love the Caddy's of the 70's, when Cadillac was at its pinnacle with the really big sedans and even the first Seville.

At this point I just hope they have good distribution lines/connections.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is exciting. Xiaoguang working on OG Cadillac's, Lincoln's and Lexus' from the 90's. Cant wait to see the mock-up of this one as well, as that Road Tough 1:18 LS400 mold is very dated.

And it may be too much to ask for, but I wonder if they are considering making the Cadillac's and Lincoln's of the 1970's and 80's? I know BoS made some, but resin doesn't compare to diecast. Would especially love the Caddy's of the 70's, when Cadillac was at its pinnacle with the really big sedans and even the first Seville.

At this point I just hope they have good distribution lines/connections.
I'm surprised nobody's made a '68-'71(?) 1/18 Lincoln Mark III yet. I think that'd be a great subject. One in diecast and fully opening like these Fleetwoods would be phenomenal. If '70s Cadillacs were made, I'd probably pick those up as well. :)
[/quote]
I completely agree.

I am noticing a trend with these Xiaoguang, as they seem to coincide with models that get imported into China by the rich especially when China was entering its economic boom. I am now wondering if 70's and 80's Cadillacs and Lincoln's were imported into China back then as well? The answer to that question may be the answer to our question about whether or not there is a chance that these models can be made...

On a different note, I think the Chinese market is almost single handedly propping up the 1:18 diecast market for these weird and unusual cars. People are always going to make Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, but no one has really figured out that there is a market for more unusual cars. Large Cadillacs and Lincoln's once ruled this land and were once very popular... but it took a Chinese company to start thinking about making these 1:18 American cars.. who would've figured that one out?! With that said, I have to give a shout to to these Chinese companies for daring to do what many don't have the guts to do!

·
Registered
53 Posts
These cars (the Cadillac Fleetwood) are starting to show up on eBay and AliExpress for anyone who is interested. I ordered mine quickly.

I did a quick search and even within the first week of popping up on eBay, there were at least a dozen sold already by different sellers, which is quite a bit for a model that carries such a premium price tag. I know how the system of sold items works, but I also think that this is proof that diecast companies have fallen out of touch to what the some of us collectors want and desire to have.

Nobody thought about making cars like this because they had no idea people were going to buy them. They thought we would be Ok if they kept making Gallardo's and '69 Chargers (or any other car that's been made three dozen different times) and kept doing the same things over and over again. I'm hoping some of those larger companies looks like this and wonders that this could've been them. They may not have dozens sold like this in the long run, but my point stands.

·
Registered
53 Posts
^This will be another must-have for me.

I am thinking that the 1:18 Fleetwood Brougham launch has to be considered a success by Xiaoguang. I am wondering if the Lincoln Town car is released later this summer, and then the Lexus is out by year's end?

And I have to wonder what the future holds for Xiaoguang after that as well. Have to do some research on what American/Japanese luxury cars the Chinese were into in the 90's to probably get into their mindset as to what could be next! Off the top of my head, it makes sense to do a Buick. Roadmaster maybe?

·
Registered
344 Posts
It actually wouldn't be difficult for them to do the Buick Roadmaster at all, as it's the exact body frame and engine as the the Fleetwood Brougham. My father had a maroon Roadmaster and it was a joy to drive A 1994 or '95 I believe. I only enjoyed driving his 1974 Buick Electra 225 more (which is the vehicle he used to teach me how to drive). I've always loved the big cars, which is probably why I only like driving SUVs now (well, the last 21st Century car I owned that felt like the giant cars of the '70s and '90s was the Kia K900! It was a great car to drive when it was working, but atlast, I got sold a lemon and had to get rid of it).

·
Registered
53 Posts
^thats a good point you make there. They could technically not even need to remold new doors and make some body modifications.

I agree with your take on big cars. I wish somebody would make a modern Escalade and big SUV's/trucks in full diecast. In general, which is something that we haven't seen from this hobby since the early 2000's. The specs of the K900 sound pretty good, although it was unfortunate that you had a lemon. But that was a true full sized RWD car that didn't cost an arm and a leg, keeping with the tradition of cars that Americans have traditionally liked.

Big cars, sadly, now only exist in our memories and companies like Xiaoguang. That's why I have some hope in them. Its unfortunate that throughout the years, full sized cars became extinct and Intermediates became the "full sized" cars (to me, these are not true full size cars by any means, but it is what it is). And now that Ford and Chevrolet have announced plans to stop producing Fusions, Impalas, and Malibu's (not to mention the Lincoln's and Cadillacs that spawn off of them), we're looking a segment in which there will be no American cars in! If you had said that to somebody back in 1980 (or later) that this would be the case in the 2020's, they would've thought you were out of your mind.

Back to the topic though, I wish Xiaoguang would go full retro and make the big cars of the 70's (and some from the 60's and 80's), but unfortunately, due to geopolitics, not many American Big Cars were probably imported to China before the Nixon Administration (at the earliest, perhaps) so that means (since these cars are dealer additions of cars that were said to be popular for Chinese businessman) the time line for cars that they'd make is probably mid 70's forward. Seeing that China's neighbor, Kim Jong Il, had big Lincoln's, I guess we could hope for a late 70's big Lincoln maybe? Either way, it might be more realistic for them to make cars from the Ford/Carter Administration era vehicles (or newer) moreso than Nixon.

I do wonder if the Chinese liked the bigger FWD cars of the 80's? I'm more of a GM guy, so I wouldn't mind it if they made C-body, H-Body, or K-Body cars. I'm biased towards the Cadillac Seville myself. If I had to throw out a guess, I'd say it's possible that they could be thinking of early 80's Cadillac Fleetwood or Towncar as well because they've obviously thought highly enough of their 1990's counterparts to produce them. For them to do a Lexus LS400, it's also possible that they are thinking Toyota Century or perhaps Honda/Acura Legend?? But that's just my mindless speculation though. But anyway, I'm just happy we are having a conversation about a niche hobby market that some diecast makers apparently didn't know existed.

Let's hope the Town Car and LS400 make it to production sometime this year!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
The whole Chinese car culture didn't really begin until early 1990s with all the imports from Germany, Japan and America. Now you know why these model companies are doing these 90s icons nowadays.

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Hello D N'D Land, I've tried messaging you to learn where to order one; I think it went through but not sure. Could you please tell us how/where we can order this Cadillac? Thank you.

I'm sorry that I missed your message..I will send you a lin to where I got mine in Messenger.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts