DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
https://tieba.baidu....50#139584128050

I see many collectors are scratching their heads why Xiaoguang made all those "weird" colors for their Cadillac Fleetwood models: candy red, bright green, blue...
Because all these "weird" colors are limited editions according to the Chinese forum. 10 pieces per color.

They will make more normal colors besides the black one later on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Those weird colors would be good for perhaps Lowrider customizations? I know this is one of the cars that is quite popular with the low rider community here. Maybe they should've added a set of Dayton wheels with it as well!

Since they were doing "improvements", they probably should've fixed the suspension and stance. The car looks like the front end is way lower than it should be compared to the rear. It looks so disproportionate that I'm going to have to just lower my rear to match the front and have a low rider myself

All in all, even though I have the first edition without improvements, I have no regrets. Still just glad that this car was made, so beggars can't be choosers!

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's a great thing to have since 70s to 90s land yachts are a pretty much barren area when it comes to opening diecast, but the price tag is hefty. Sure, you compare it to autoart plastic/composite and you'll feel like you get good old diecast with leather seating for the same money. But compare it to LCD whose releases are more than $100 cheaper and have exceptional detail and you'll feel sad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It actually wouldn't be difficult for them to do the Buick Roadmaster at all, as it's the exact body frame and engine as the the Fleetwood Brougham.
Engine is the same, but body-wide, Roadmaster and Fleetwood Brougham only share the front doors and windshield. Every other body panel is completely different. The Roadmaster rides on the same 115.9" B-body frame as the Caprice. Fleetwood rides on a similar, but longer 121.5" wheelbase D-body frame. Not a ton of parts they could share between the two.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not sure if the front plate is throwing me off, but again, like the Cadillac, the headlights look wrong to me. They don't look to be tall enough to be the the '90-'94 version, but too tall to be the '95+ refresh.
What do you think?

·
Registered
437 Posts
The Lincoln Town Cars have started popping up for pre-order on ebay from China-based sellers. 320~340 USD shipped to the USA. Delivery dates are between Early November and Early December.

Two options are offered: Regular black tires, or white-walls. I like the whitewalls.

Livecarmodel also has them. 279 USD before shipping. Their ads don't say pre-order, but I have a feeling they don't have any in the USA and shipping time will be about the same.

I wonder if they will be doing any limited edition colors as they did with the Cadillac.

No rush for me to get this one, but I do want it, and I will get it. The Lincoln Town Car is the NYC airport express after all :cool:.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Registered
264 Posts
After seeing the Cadillac and Lincoln diecast models (my friend really is into these) I had wished they would make the LS400. With the detail those models had, I cannot wait to get this. The first LS400 in decent quality in a long time. These Chinese diecast manufacturers are really stepping up their lineup. Could not be happier.

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Hey Hey David havent heard from you for a while how are you going buddy?

Woah i am loving that Lexus! I am only interested in their late 90s models LS400, IS200/300 and the Road Tough version i had before was utterly bad. This is looks amazing at a glance.
Hey Simon!! Yeah, I have been really busy... with updating my portfolio for a deadline, that's why I haven't really been on DX in a while. Glad to hear from you!

Also, this thing kills my old Road Tough version...funny, I actually pulled my older Road Tough/Yat Ming Land Cruiser LC80 out of storage recently!

Looking forward to receiving this LS400 soon!! Again, glad to hear from you!

Cheers! 🥂 😊
David

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Love every fully opening model, their Cadillacs, and now this Lexus.

It shows that eventually every desired model will be released in fully opening form, bring on the E39 M5! Either made by Xiaoguang, LCD, super A, Well, almost real, any new Chinese brand would be good.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Hey Simon!! Yeah, I have been really busy... with updating my portfolio for a deadline, That's why I haven't really been on DX in a while. Glad to hear from you!

Also, This think kills my old Road Tough version...funny, I actually pulled my older Road Tough/Yat Ming Land Cruiser LC80 out of storage recently!

Looking forward to receiving this LS400 soon!! Again, glad to hear from you!

Cheers! 🥂 😊
David
Haha I too had the Road Tough Land Cruiser. That one is actually slightly better than the poor treatment they gave to the Lexus. The Lexus might be crude but might have one or two redeeming features but they mucked up the Lexus badge on the radiator grill!

I always like the 1st gen LS for some reasons and it also made a cameo appearance in the Sopranos season 1 driven by Chris :)

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Love every fully opening model, their Cadillacs, and now this Lexus.

It shows that eventually every desired model will be released in fully opening form, bring on the E39 M5! Either made by Xiaoguang, LCD, super A, Well, almost real, any new Chinese brand would be good.
I think someone made a rather interesting observation on the releases of these 90s beauties by new companies springing up all over China. These subjects were chosen because they are relatable to older mainland chinese audience as that was the time where they started seeing these imports coming into China so they are instantly recognisable plus the target buyers likely now to be older and have bit of spare cash and would likely buy them for nostalgic reason.

No doubt these companies will expand on these subjects if they are selling well. I too will be keen to see E38, E39 etc with full opening.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts