DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple of quick shots and a well-deserved pat on the back for Yat Ming's Corvette Grand Sport. Wow - this thing is a Kung Fu kick on display, even if the occasional cheap note rings out. How good is it? Well, a buddy of mine who sells high end diecast saw this one in the case and ran - seriously, ran - across the room to get a look. He apparently thought that a new color had come out of Moorpark. He visibly withered when he heard that the model was a Yattie - and not even a Signature series one, at that. I love when that happens.

This is really a piece of work. It'll be out in three different colors - white with a blue stripe, this "kind-of Mecom" blue, and yes, a certain yellow and blue combo that a race legend-cum-car dealer made famous. Just don't look for that fella's name anywhere - ain't happening. And you can blame licensing for that.

It's a neat effort, with opening dog leg doors and hood, an opening trunk/spare tire well and working steering. Everything is bolted together very nicely, and the interior, while not as scrupulously detailed, has the off-blue plastic look that we're so used to seeing on models of a decidedly more expensive bent. The wheels, which look a bit too chromey, will stay that way in production, and the sidepipes, painted in a cool dull silver with hollowed-out and detail painted tips, look great just as they are.

Under the hood, the 377-cube motor is righteously done, and it's even wired and piped. No, I don't think anyone in E-land will lose sleep - I'd call the detail great, but not quite furious - but the whole thing looks like it should ticket for a heck of a lot more than the sub-thirty buck price point it'll be tagged at.

All in all, I'd say grab all three. And if you need to finish up that livery on the yellow and blue car - on the QT, of course - I'm sure that any number of fellas would love to oblige with a set of waterslides.

Nice work, Yat Ming!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I'd heard about this last month, but never in my wildest dreams had I hoped it would look this good! Now, if only they bring out some coupes...

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
See, this is what I have been talking about.
The diecast world is ready for well done, budget Vintage racers :nicejob

These will fit right in with the Shelby Collectibles cars :happy

I hope, hope, hope for some coupes :joy :joy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, this is rather unexpected, but most welcome indeed :nicejob

Any word on coupes being offered?

Will this be of Yat Mings current pricing.

I understand Yat Ming is a far cry from Exoto, but I am certainly glad I played the waiting game with Exoto's version :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
That is a stunning feat for a budget model! :cheers Is 'ol Tony K. raising some cash by "lending out" their molds? :giggle

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Somebody at The Pub posted this link Yat Mings showing Yat Ming's coming releases. I don't read German, but there's something about December 06. Looks like we have much to look forward to (can't wait for the Aston Martin).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like Yat Ming will be getting a few of my hard earned monies in the upcoming year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can definately see me adding some of those Rods.....Yat Ming or not .:joy

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Man, that looks fantastic! :thanks I have a lot of respect for both Yat-Ming and Maisto, I have never been disappointed (only impressed) by their models and the quality they give you for the price. YM's Cobra Daytona coupe is a great exaple.

I've always been a fan of the Grand Sports but have only one Exoto. This will at least give me the roadster and, like everyone else, I hope they make the coupe as well. And the sooner, the better! :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.