DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Main DX Le Mans Racecars Link
  • NOTE:
    - Photos of duplicate diecasts are perfectly fine
    - LM Cars that did not qualify (DNQ) for which there was a diecast made is acceptable
    - If you're able to provide some info with your post relating to the drivers and placement in the race outcome, all the better. Here is a good weblink for historical Le Mans info
Chrysler Viper GTS-R
Driven by: Jean-Philippe Belloc (F)/Jonathan Cochet (F)/Benoit Tréluyer (F)
Result: 14th (49 laps behind the winner)

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MG EX257
Driven by: Anthony Reid (GB)/Warren Hughes (GB)/Jonny Kane (GB)
Result: did not finish (Gearbox) - 129 laps

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ferrari 550 Maranello (Prodrive)
Driven by: Rickard Rydell (S)/Tomáš Enge (CZ)/Alain Menu (CH)
Result: did not finish (Fire) - 174 laps

(click for 800x600 photo)

G

·
Another recent addition

a Ferrari 360 GT entered by JMB Racing
the car was driven by Stephen Earle (USA)/Chris MacAllister (USA)/Gary Schultheis (USA)
and they where a DNF after 85 laps with electrical problems

the models itself is made by Red Line

Attachments

G

·
and here's her sibling & teammate

the other JMB car driven by Cort Wagner (USA)/Sam Hancock (GB)/Martin Short (GB)
and they where also a DNF after 16 laps because of an accident

and again this one is made by Red Line

Attachments

G

·
One of my favorite Audi color schems of all time
Car:Audi R8 #3
Class: LMP900
Team: Joest Racing
Powerd By: Audi 3.6L Turbo V8
372 laps to take 3rd Place

This car help to add to the Audi history 3 Audi's with the numbers 1-2-3 and then finished the race in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
I think thats pretty cool.

Attachments

G

·
Now this is a cool car Unable to find one major sponsor for the team after Talkline's withdraw from sponsorship, Jan Lammers started an unusual sponsor programme. Instead of a few major sponsors, he set out to find many minor sponsors. The team sold small square spaces on the car, either in white lettering on a black background or vice versa. This gives the car a chequered appearance with the only other notable colours being red, blue (colours of the Dutch flag) and orange (the colour of the Dutch royal house).
Car: Dome S101 #16
Class:LMP900
Team: Racing For Holland
Power By: Judd GV4 4.0L V10
351 Laps to take 8th Place

Attachments

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now this is a cool car Unable to find one major sponsor for the team after Talkline's withdraw from sponsorship, Jan Lammers started an unusual sponsor programme. Instead of a few major sponsors, he set out to find many minor sponsors. The team sold small square spaces on the car, either in white lettering on a black background or vice versa. This gives the car a chequered appearance with the only other notable colours being red, blue (colours of the Dutch flag) and orange (the colour of the Dutch royal house).
Thanks for the background story about the principal sponsor pulling out. What sort of business was Talkline into? That car sure does look like it had been paper-mached with the classified section of some newspaper. :lol :lol Does your engine deck come off?

G

·
Thanks for the background story about the principal sponsor pulling out. What sort of business was Talkline into? That car sure does look like it had been paper-mached with the classified section of some newspaper. :lol :lol Does your engine deck come off?
[/quote]

No none of my engine covers come off. As far as I can tell Talkline was a european telecomunications co. that had alot of $$$ troubles.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No none of my engine covers come off. As far as I can tell Talkline was a european telecomunications co. that had alot of $$$ troubles.
It took me a little while to figure out how my cover comes off. My initial fear was breaking the cover somehow but I discovered I had to use a little flathead screwdriver to pop it off. Thanks for the info about Talkline. :cheers

·
G0t Pi3
41 Posts
Team Bently
Car EXP Speed 8 (audi) # 8
Class GTP
Drivers Andy Wallace , Butch Leitzinger & Eric van de Poele
Place 4th 13 laps behind the the Winner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts