DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "New" Ferrari 60th Anniversery Editions are out on eBay! They so far only have the F50 and 250 California GT Spider.

I wasn't very impressed. It was just a stock Ferrari with a couple new decals.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I hate it. Who would want these models spoilt with those horrible new decals on them? Is this really all they're doing to commemorate one of the best automobile marques of all time? :hellno

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
If that is all Ferrari asked them to do, that is all they are going to do.

They are in for the money, AS THEY SHOULD BE!!! :dizzy They are a publicly traded company responsible to stock holders.
Where is Ferrari's blame??? It is their anniversary, not Hot Wheels's, that these models commemorate!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay... If Ferrari made cars like Hotwheels makes models then no one would by Ferraris. Ferrari probably would not ask Hotwheels to do that bad of a job.

Kyosho isn't in it for the money. They actually care about the quality of the model. Many other diecast companies are the same way.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Ferrari ok's everything that Mattel makes. The thing that makes the cars OK in Ferraris eyes is the large bags of money that Mattel delivers to Ferrari every year.
Nothing else matters to them except that they get paid enough.
It not like Mattel can make anything they want with the Ferrari name on it.
They have to get everything approved.
Did you think that it is completely out of Ferrari's hands???

Of course they know what Mattel is making, they even help them out with some CAD/CAM work and providing 1:1 cars to measure well in advance of the official launch of the 1:1. Everybody always blames Mattel for the state of the Ferrari model yet Ferrari is completely happy with the situation and Mattel sells just about everything they make. Sounds like a successful partnership to me.

Kyo, and many other diecast companies are not in it for the money????
All they care about is the quality????
Who are these other companies? Are they on Pluto? Because they sure are not on planet earth :lol
Companies are in business to make money and nothing else. The product is secondary
Profit drives every single business that exists.
I will take 2 of whatever you are drinking :lol

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should think about quality in your product first, and making money second. If you make a bad product, no one wants to buy it. If you make a good quality product more people will buy it over and over again. That is how you make profit.

Take a look at Japanese cars. The Japanese think about quality first, then making money. Why do you think Toyota is the world's largest automaker now? And US car companies are losing business to Japanese car companies because the Japanese cars are better.

Anyways it's the same thing with model cars. Kyosho I believe is Japanese. Their Ferrari's are much better than Mattel. Unfortunately Howheels makes most of the Ferrari's not Kyosho and we are stuck. I mean most people would buy the more expensive Kyosho's over Hotwheels right?

The other companies for include CMC,BBR, Autoart, Kyosho, Exoto, Minichamps... etc. I mean look at CMC. The 250 GT has like 1141 parts same with their other cars. That is quality.

And no I don't drink. I'm under 21.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I think all these companies are ultimately interested most in making money, but obviously some are more commited than others in delivering truly great products. Hot Wheels figures it can get away with producing mediocre models because there's no shortage of people willing to buy them. Is Ferrari complicit in this? Probably. They don't have to give Hot Wheels the license to make models of their cars, but as long as Hot Wheels delivers the money, Ferrari could probably care less about what we think of the latest Elite model from Hot Wheels. Just my two cents . . .

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
You cited AUTOart. What about their Motorsports line, that are cheaper to make because they're less detailed (the friggin' things are sealed bricks!) but AUTOart charges almost the same as a regular model with opening features. Do they care about the buyer?

No they don't. They don't give a rotten fig what their buyers think, as long as the buyers are buying. And they must be, because AUTOart continues to produce those sealed turds, so it must be profitable.

If you think anyone in this business cares about what you think you're in for a lot of disappointment. :cheers

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
If its Amalgam, I guess the price is pretty much justified. The models are 1:8 in scale and entire handmade in extremely limited quantities. The starting price for most of them is in the 3000 USD bracket anyways. Small change for the wealthy Ferrari-Lamborghini owner for whom a change of engine belt on his supercar will alone set him back that much.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm well aware of what Amalgam is and who can afford them. I think that you missed my point which was that anyone purchasing such a model from a seller with zero feedback would be taking a chance and, in my opinion, is a fool. Same thing for buying models that aren't out yet and that nobody else is taking pre-orders for.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You cited AUTOart. What about their Motorsports line, that are cheaper to make because they're less detailed (the friggin' things are sealed bricks!) but AUTOart charges almost the same as a regular model with opening features. Do they care about the buyer?

No they don't. They don't give a rotten fig what their buyers think, as long as the buyers are buying. And they must be, because AUTOart continues to produce those sealed turds, so it must be profitable.

If you think anyone in this business cares about what you think you're in for a lot of disappointment. :cheers
[post="505914"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Well maybe not AUTOart. But the others. I really hope we're not having a debate on this. Hopefully we are just expressing our opinions.

Well I guess the thing with most model cars is that if a company does a crappy job, people are still going to buy it because they are forced to because that's the only model car on the market.

But the quality of the car depends on the CEO or w/e of the company. Sometimes they are good people sometimes they are not.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Of course everyone is intrested in making money. LOL who isn't? But usually if you make a bad product, you're not going to make any money. But this case is a bit different. Because Mattel has all the licenses, and makes most of the model cars. Some people aren't willing to buy them, I think they are forced to because some Ferrari models only Mattel makes them.

Ferrari probably never cares about their own customers, much less the diecast collectors. LOL. There is always a rich person standing in line to buy their cars. I mean Ferraris' are just beautiful, fast but not the fastest, and their engines always blow up.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.