DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Al I can see where you're coming from here, but isn't this just the same as Minichamps releasing the Ford 100th anniversary sets? Those models were standard releases with a 100 on the plinth and a different box.

Ferrari are doing nothing different to any other manufacturer before them (and yes, I do love Ferrari and I am defending them). McLaren, BMW, Williams - all the F1 teams have had models released that are basically the same thing over and over (first win, first points, drivers championsip, constructors championship and circuit specific cars) - every licence gets milked.

Minichamps have probably been the worst offenders with their endless stream of Toyota, McLaren and Honda releases.

To clarify what I'm trying to say - I do think Ferrari are getting an absolute bucket load of money from Mattel, and Mattel are making a bucket load of money on the back of Ferrari's name. The situation is not unique though as it's happening in other sections of the diecast market with other manufacturers and diecast makers.

:cheers

Mark

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thanks for the reply Al, the 100th anniversary set I was talking about was a 1:43 Minichamps set - so might have been the exception rather than the rule as far as the anniversary sets went.

:cheers

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.