DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
It's an "ok" model. I don't think its up there with all the other Kyosho models. Engine isn't anything great, interior is pretty good (bad carbon fiber detailing, in my opinion), exterior is typical Kyosho, rims/wheels good (not AUTOart quality). ...but I love it! Been a fan of the F40 ever since and I think this is the best model of it yet and worth its $60 price tag. I will definitely order the F40 light weight when it comes out!

Don't have time for pictures, but I did snap one...

Ferrari F40 by 1:18 Kyosho

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
That's an interesting mini-review Boedan. A lot of people were bowled over by the photos we've seen of this model, and I was never quite sure why. Your assessment sounds a lot more in line with what I thought.

Even so, it's a nice looking model, and I do love the F40. I certainly can't rule out eventually replacing my Hot Wheels Elite.

·
Registered
760 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
It's not a bad model, but in my opinion it's not a typical Kyosho.

Some more pics. You'll have to excuse the dirty lens, dirty poster board, and the fact that yellow car + white poster board doesn't work well together...

edit- my pictures aren't very good...I'll try again later :help

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
From the photos, there's no doubt in my mind that the Kyosho is still the better model objectively, but not by as much as I expected. It will come down to the respective prices in any one country as to which offers the better value I would say.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not the best photos, but to show off some of the interior detail...

Engine is a little too plasitc-y looking, but what car isn't in this price range...but it is disappointing as the engine is exposed so much and takes up a 1/3 of the car.

Interior is pretty good, minus the carbon fiber detailing; kind of sticks out like a sore thumb.

I hope to get some full body shots later today, time and quality permitting.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I guess all diescast engines are "plasticky", except for CMC and Exoto.
Even my BBR Enzo has plenty of plastic engine parts.
The Kyo's F40 engine is fully wired and plumbed and well-textured.

Finally, the real F40 didn't feature CF in the cockpit, but carbon-kevlar.
Not as shiny as CF, more dull.
This was afterall a 1987 car, and the first wide-use CF to appear in a ferrari cockpit was in F50.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Thanks for the link to the French comparison of the two models. After having a good look at the photos there I do agree that the Kyosho is the better model as you would expect it to be given that it is a newer mold and will retail in general at a higher price. :cheers

G

·
Nice shots as usual! :coolpics

Unfortunately, indoor pics can only be so good... it is what it is.. :storm

Hope to see some outdoor pics from you!
Haven't seen them from you for awhile....
You are a natural when it comes to that!
Your outdoor pics always put me in awe!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks! I haven't had much of an urge for outdoor shots as I now have a DSLR (have to lie on the ground) and the strange looks from the neighbors across the canal :giggle ...but maybe I'll give it a try.

Question. I don't know really any details about the F40, but if I do remember the F40 was produced for several years (right?). So would anyone know what year this model car represents? I'm assuming there were (minor) difference between each year...?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Boedan, I couldn't give you exact years, but I definitely found when reviewing my Hot Wheels car that there seemed to be a lot of minor differences between all the different F40 photos that I found. I assume most of them were factory changes rather than aftermarket things, as it even included the number and/or position of air inlets amongst other things.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.