DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:joy :joy :joy :joy

With this, the Porsche theme comes to end in 2005 (apart for surprises). Got all cars on my wishlist :happy

About the car, this Porsche raced in the 1971 Lemans, was going well but it DNF. AUTOart made a pretty good job on this one, its so much better than the 917K. Its all tampos and shutlines are very small and opening parts do stay up on their own with good hinges, and details are at a pretty good level. A good one. :nicejob

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

Full review in a couple of week time .. sorry!

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
great catch Bern :joy
this is on my 'to get' list....i will look forward to the review.
and WTG with completing your list :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Nice addition but tell me, you are not going to add the 1970 "L" when it comes out?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Stevie, Jeff

I really reccomend this one.

Jeff, I am not sure yet, in theory, I get only one version. So its one L. Adding to that, the martini livery is the one I like most. I need to find a good deal on the new release which knowing how this one sold, is pretty hard.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
How does your list cope with a case where the 1970 L is very different than the 1971?

And I agree that the Martini livery is probably the best of the bunch :joy
It looks great next to the pig!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont really know if there is much difference, but if there is a significant one, well, then it gains a good number of spots on my list, but still, it wont be on the GET list.

Now I have the K, L, /20, /10, /30 all lined next to each other on a shelf.... wow :tongue :yahoo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics :cheers

Now that looks nice. I had seen some pictures of it and it is certain that I haven't looked very well. There looks to be a lot from the first version Porsche had issued for homologation, particularly the low rear end. Some striking differences, but not enough to get on my GET list. Will gauge it when I see it side by side with the martini 917L if somebody is good enough to take that picture when it comes out (wink wink) :giggle

Right now, cant take a shelf photo, but will post it later on :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Lucky you! :cheers
I'm still after the L, but not even close to finding one so far. Guess I'll have to put it on my 2006 Wish List.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I will get it, I know, it's just a matter of time. But it sure could be sooner then later. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:lol FINALLY you got it !!
I can imagine your joy (I love this smilie :joy ) after so much time looking for it !!
It looks terrific alone but may be even better along with your other 917s !

Congratulations Bernard !! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The hippy car looks to be a great car. Goodluck on your choice :cheers

For Jeff, here's what the setup looks like.

Shelf Vehicle Shelving Automotive design Car

Got most of my Uts, Maisto and Bburago Porsche on another cabinet. But I leave these together as I feel they are the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Bernard - nice model, and a few nice shelves there, too!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts