DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I day-dream a lot - usually about diecast, as you can imagine. :giggle I'm sure each of us has at one point dreamed up an ideal situation in which they would buy diecast.

Personally, I think it'd be cool to drive to Dallas, rent (I wouldn't like it enough to buy it) a burgundy Aston Martin DB9 (with tan interior), and then drive to LA with CollectorX, stopping off at the best steakhouses along the way. When we'd get to LA, we'd stay at a nice hotel, and hit up Exoticar (or another high-end model shop). After buying enough CMCs, Aas, GMPs, Kyoshos, and Exotos to fill the trunk, we'd stop off at a dealer who sells completely refinished old school muscle cars and I'd buy either an Atoll Blue 1970 GTO Judge or a double-black 1969 Dodge Charger and have CollectorX meet me back in Austin in the DB9. :yahoo

What about you all?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My dream is a little more modest. All I'd like is to stumble upon a quaint toy shop and discover row after row of UTs, older AutoArts, and HTF Buragos all for $25 a piece.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My dream is to go into to a store with one wall filled with old UT models, one wall every AutoArt model made, one wall with every single Kyosho model (INCLUDING THE CHINESE DEALER EXCLUSIVES AND SUPRA :tongue), and the last wall filled with Lane and CMC's. Now if they have a 20% discount for good customer, that would be amazing!!

G

·
I'm vacationing in Italy and walk past the Ferrari factory in Maranello. Just then a series of test drivers come out. They stop to let me pass and one of them says "Are you a Tifosi"? I respond "YES!!" and they say "Hop in!". I find out they're on their way to The 'Ring to test various Ferraris: F355, 360CS, F430, F50, and Enzo. We arrive in Nurburg and the next day head to the track. We spend all day testing the cars and then they bring "it" out; the Ferrari F50-GT. All they say is "Be very careful".

Afterwards (my permanent smile is securely fixed by now), they present me with a one-of-a-kind highly detailed 1:18 of each car, made exclusively by Ferrari.

Lastly, for dinner that night they hook me up with Salma Hayek. :happy :happy

G

·
About 5 years ago we were in Australia on the east coast for 5 weeks of Vacation. We met up with a few customers there who gave us a grand tour. We tried to check out hobby shops whenever we went into a new town. At one place was a hobby shop that was in an old converted gas station. They had a bunch of old Kyosho Supras / Rx-7s so I walked out of there with about 8 cars. There was another shop we went to that had a ton of older Bburago, the deluxe versions with the Burl-Wooden bases, they had about 100 cars. My luggage was full at that point or I would have cleaned them out of their Ferraris, as times like this my wife say's that I should have collected 1/43rd scale instead.

Cheers,
Kevin Pickell
http://www.scale18.com

G

·
Actually I just had one of the best diecast (okay, more like chogokins) day when I visited arguably the best toyshop in the West - Kimono My House, in Oakland earlier today.

Man, the place is downright toy heaven. A geeks dream come true. :hot

G

·
Mine is pretty much straight forward and the best idea yet.

I get every single diecast ever made and every single diecast ever going to be made for no cost what so ever, hows about that then :lol

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Mine is very simple...to win the national (or European... :yahoo ) lottery so I could " hunt down " every (mercedes) diecast ever made.... :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
It would just be nice to have a competetivly priced, well stocked, knowledgable shop close by.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I simply would like the opportunity to complete my Ebbro 1:43 R32 GT-R roadcar collection. So for me, walking along some markets and finding a seller with all the remaining 5 colours I need (priced at only a fraction of their RRP - hey, the seller might not know what they are worth, and hey, it's my dream :giggle ) would be heaven.

Lottery wins aside, this is what would constitute my dream diecast purchase.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts