DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the saying goes, "Variety is the spice of life." I think variety is the spice of our hobby, too. As we start the new year, I guess I'm looking to buy some cars that are DIFFERENT rather than the "same old same old." As much as I love Lamborghinis and McLarens, after awhile they all start looking too much the same to me despite the small differences in details. With that being said, I would really love to see pictures of the model cars YOU own that you consider UNIQUE -- cars that really stand out as DIFFERENT from the usual ones we see all the time. I think this would be a fun and exciting way to start 2023, so let's see what you've got! Thanks!

· Registered
5,292 Posts
Are you looking for series-produced, or customs?

Reactions: vulpex

· Registered
345 Posts
Hard to think of criteria to judge/categorize these by... But here are a few that stand out to me because they don't really look like the others:

1934 Ford Hot Rod Roadster - GMP:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 - Acme:
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

1962 Volkswagen T1b Samba - Schuco:
Tire Wheel Volkswagen type 2 Land vehicle Vehicle

1966 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C - Kyosho:
Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

1993 Land Rover Defender 110 "Camel Trophy" - Almost Real:
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

· Registered
165 Posts
I have two very unique models I'd like to share within my collection. They are as follows:
A 2006 SGM china buick lacrosse dealer edition and my 2003 SGM china buick regal GS 3.0, also a dealer edition. Both are cherished models in my collection and are long sold out and very rare especially here in the US. I also have another buick lacrosse identical to this one in the box. If you are able to find either of these cars online, you're very lucky like myself! These were two cars as a teenager that I've wanted so badly for a long time and I managed to get both and they display nicely next to each other! 😉🍻
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Hood Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Door Vehicle door

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

· Registered
345 Posts
I have two very unique models I'd like to share within my collection. They are as follows:
A 2006 SGM china buick lacrosse dealer edition and my 2003 SGM china buick regal GS 3.0, also a dealer edition. Both are cherished models in my collection and are long sold out and very rare especially here in the US. I also have another buick lacrosse identical to this one in the box. If you are able to find either of these cars online, you're very lucky like myself! These were two cars as a teenager that I've wanted so badly for a long time and I managed to get both and they display nicely next to each other! 😉🍻 View attachment 286682
View attachment 286681
Love that first Dealer Edition Lacrosse, I remember that one from an earlier post of yours. Very nice model!

· Registered
165 Posts
Love that first Dealer Edition Lacrosse, I remember that one from an earlier post of yours. Very nice model!
Yes. I wanted to show it off more because I know there's probably not gonna be another one posted on here and with photos of it all opened up. A very rare sight! It's not a well known model. But worth it to post! 😉🍻

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hard to think of criteria to judge/categorize these by... But here are a few that stand out to me because they don't really look like the others:

View attachment 286670

View attachment 286671

View attachment 286672

View attachment 286673

View attachment 286674

View attachment 286670

View attachment 286671

View attachment 286672

View attachment 286673

View attachment 286674
Nice variety there! 😀

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A 2006 SGM china buick lacrosse dealer edition and my 2003 SGM china buick regal GS 3.0, also a dealer edition. Both are cherished models in my collection and are long sold out and very rare especially here in the US. I also have another buick lacrosse identical to this one in the box. If you are able to find either of these cars online, you're very lucky like myself! These were two cars as a teenager that I've wanted so badly for a long time and I managed to get both and they display nicely next to each other! 😉🍻 View attachment 286682
View attachment 286681
View attachment 286679
View attachment 286678
View attachment 286680
View attachment 286677
View attachment 286676
Nice pieces! (y)

· Registered
2,803 Posts
I have a few of them Chinese dealer SUVs and a couple of dealer pick-up trucks. I might take a couple of pics of each tomorrow, and post them here.

I also have 4 of them flat face/cab over tractor trucks, but even though they're not seen often on here, these are pretty common I guess.

@Scottimus awesome models there, I love that Kyosho Cobra, the Acme Olds and the GMP hot rod. These hot rods are so cool, GMP made quite a few of them and I'd love to have them all. :love:

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a few of them Chinese dealer SUVs and a couple of dealer pick-up trucks. I might take a couple of pics of each tomorrow, and post them here.

I also have 4 of them flat face/cab over tractor trucks, but even though they're not seen often on here, these are pretty common I guess.

@Scottimus awesome models there, I love that Kyosho Cobra, the Acme Olds and the GMP hot rod. These hot rods are so cool, GMP made quite a few of them and I'd love to have them all. :love:
I'm eager to see what you have!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts