DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
the models aren't unique, but I added a little touch of personalisation.
all of them came plain red from the box, so I've ordered (or designed myself) the decals. all cars are 1/24.

as far as I know, bburago's 250 LM was never sold as '65 Rindt/Gregory Le Mans car.
nor was jouef's 330 P4 sold as '67 Amon/Bandini car from Daytona
250 SWB was originaly road car, but I've removed the bumpers and added Trintignant/Abate decals from '61 Le Mans

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
the models aren't unique, but I added a little touch of personalisation.
all of them came plain red from the box, so I've ordered (or designed myself) the decals. all cars are 1/24.

as far as I know, bburago's 250 LM was never sold as '65 Rindt/Gregory Le Mans car.
nor was jouef's 330 P4 sold as '67 Amon/Bandini car from Daytona
250 SWB was originaly road car, but I've removed the bumpers and added Trintignant/Abate decals from '61 Le Mans

View attachment 287331
View attachment 287334
Nice work! 👍

· Registered
3,394 Posts
I have a thing for oddball 90's supercars, as in the non-Ferrari/Lambo/etc kind (although I do love the more mainstream supercars). I also like models of trucks, both normal and commercial. Here are a few examples of some of the oddball stuff that I honestly never thought would get made in 1/18:
Spark Yamaha OX99-11:

Spark Dauer Porsche 962LM Road Car:

Cult Jaguar XJR-15:

FrontiArt Cizeta V16T:

Top Marques Lotus Elise GT1 Road Car:

CMF Isdera Commendatore 112i:

TSM Lotus 56B:

Top Marques Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT:

NZG Mercedes-Benz Actros with trailer:

· Registered
4,505 Posts
My most unique cars would be my daily drivers.
My current car, a Honda City 1.5L , model by Paudi which is based on the Chinese version and hence a LHD opposed to the RHD in India. Mine is a white car though of 2011 vintage.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

And our family car from 2002 to 2012, a Fiat Siena 1.6 in a similar color but leaning towards champagne gold. Model again by Paudi.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
My most unique cars would be my daily drivers.
My current car, a Honda City 1.5L , model by Paudi which is based on the Chinese version and hence a LHD opposed to the RHD in India. Mine is a white car though of 2011 vintage.

View attachment 287628

And our family car from 2002 to 2012, a Fiat Siena 1.6 in a similar color but leaning towards champagne gold. Model again by Paudi.
View attachment 287629
Nice stuff! It's really gratifying to find car models that match our daily drivers. I wish I could find some that match the daily drivers that I've had over the years, but I haven't had any luck. :(

· Registered
4,505 Posts
Nice stuff! It's really gratifying to find car models that match our daily drivers. I wish I could find some that match the daily drivers that I've had over the years, but I haven't had any luck. :(
The running joke with my collector pals is that I buy the scale model first and only then the matching 1:1. Infact for my next car I will actually have to do that as the 1/18 models of our everyday local cars are hardly made and if done, hard to find on sale.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts