DiecastXchange Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Not unique, but definitely oddities and I don't recall seeing any others posted in the forum.

I'm sure someone else has the Nissan as it was for sale at bargain prices at CK and Modellsimo for a while, but I know it's a divisive car.

This Skyline may be unusual because it comes with no tobacco logos, so these are all added aftermarket ones.

M
Neat cars -- thanks for posting them! 馃榾

Registered
Converted from a SunStar, who I think did an excellent job on the Stratos, and for very decent prices.
I have six different versions, and not one cost me more than 鈧50 bought over several years.
This is essentially a paint job with a change to Minilite wheels preferred by the London based Chequered Flag team.
This was a must build for me, representing the car driven by Irish rally hero Billy Coleman.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

Registered
Another 'what's special about this' model.
Eggenberger were winners of the 1989 Spa 24 hour race, and Minichamps produced a very nice model of that car (stubs aside!).
However, the second of the Eggenberger RS500's also finished the race - in third place.
Minichamps could easily have produced this model alongside the #1 winner, but chose not too, so I have done it myself.
Changes are the race number (#2), driver names and windscreen banner.
Another easy option could have been the 1990 3rd place car, which had a very similar Bastos scheme.

Vehicle Tire Car Wheel Window

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Window

Vehicle Car Automotive design Tire Automotive tire

Registered
This is - I believe - a model of the second last race for a Schnitzer run BMW M3 E30, bringing an end to an era - Wellington Nissan Mobil 1992.
The model isn't quite unique, another of our previous members produced the same model, and I asked him to sell me a set of his decals.
I can't remember the model it was based on - one of the less popular Minichamps subjects I was able to get on the cheap some years ago.

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Vehicle Car Tire Hood Automotive design

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive design

81 - 99 of 99 Posts